Question about ARGB fans

SimplyChunk

Hi Folks.

Just a quicky about the ARGB fans in my Nephew's new PC.  He's using the Bitfenix Nova TG Mesh with the 4 ARGB fans that are coming included.  I'm still waiting on shipping on the case so can't look directly.  His Motherboard is the MSi Tomahawk MAX B450 which i DO have in hand and have seen it has two RGB headers on it (for control through Mystic Light I pressume).  The question is as follows: Will i be able to use an ordinary RGB splitter cable (say the Corsair one) to connect the ARGB fans to the Motherboard?  Does anyone know if the Nova TG comes with an RGB controller?  I couldn't see a button for it in the pics online.  Thanks for any help it would be much appreciated :) 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

(say the Corsair one)

Corsair RGB is entirely proprietary to their own products unless you DIY and rewire their products.

To add even more bad news, your motherboard has 12V 4 pin RGB headers, but your case comes with ARGB fans which are 5V (and usually 3 pin) which are NOT interchangeable. Fortunately, your case should come with it's own controller, but I dont believe it will be able to connect to the motherboard in anyways, so you'll be limited in the modes available to you.There is a regular RGB edition of this case that comes with the 4 pin RGB headers which you would be able to plug in to your motherboard directly.

Here's Bitfenix's PDF on their RGB ecosystems and all the different connection methods. 

https://www.bitfenix.com/download/06-other/ARGB-QIG.pdf

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

-snip

Thanks my friend.  I'll check that thread out first then get on the bitfenix site

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!