Do i need a Workstation?

My current rig is mainly for streaming and gaming (though it only has 16GB of ram. It does have a Ryzen 3600 and a radeon 5700 red devil GPU. I'm also trying to use it as a editing and programming rig and it does not like to be pushed that hard with visual studio code/YouTube/blender and sometimes openshot and obs running at the same time. Any suggestions and if i need a Workstation my budgets like 2k.

2 minutes ago, Primelord said:

My current rig is mainly for streaming and gaming (though it only has 16GB of ram. It does have a Ryzen 3600 and a radeon 5700 red devil GPU. I'm also trying to use it as a editing and programming rig and it does not like to be pushed that hard with visual studio code/YouTube/blender and sometimes openshot and obs running at the same time. Any suggestions and if i need a Workstation my budgets like 2k.

What currency? I think a cpu and ram upgrade will do you really well that gpu is pretty good so I would consider a r9 3950x aftermarket cooler and 16 mor go of ram

i think its the ram as well cooling staying low even within the 50c rang but rams at a constant 70-90%

For code compiles you really just need some faster cores and a few more of them, along with more RAM for all that multi-tasking.

3 minutes ago, Puffing said:

What currency? I think a cpu and ram upgrade will do you really well that gpu is pretty good so I would consider a r9 3950x aftermarket cooler and 16 mor go of ram

USD and was thinking better CPU and ram. also trying to figure out a way to get better ram spacing because my Dim1 slot is blocked by the stock cooler but think i just need a new heatsink for that. im running corsair rgb pro 8x2 i was thinking 16x2 or maybe trident Z undecided on which one.

4 minutes ago, Primelord said:

USD and was thinking better CPU and ram. also trying to figure out a way to get better ram spacing because my Dim1 slot is blocked by the stock cooler but think i just need a new heatsink for that. im running corsair rgb pro 8x2 i was thinking 16x2 or maybe trident Z undecided on which one.

get a new cooler and another 2x8gb of the same kit for now. this will be the cheapest upgrade. see how that works. if still not satisfied, go for 3900x. i think the jump to 3700x is too small.

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

get a new cooler and another 2x8gb of the same kit for now. this will be the cheapest upgrade. see how that works. if still not satisfied, go for 3900x. i think the jump to 3700x is too small.

suggestion on cooler not a fan of the nauctu fans personally from a design stand point. another 2x8 shouldnt be a problem after i get that issue out of the way if it helps my case is a znxt H500i and has a MSI gaming pro X570 board 

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

pretty bad motherboard unfortunately. the vrm's will be very hot with a 3900x in. hopefully we can make it work with your current 3600.

im really tempted to swap the Mobo out for like a carbon pro or something from ASUS i only had 1400 bucks last year and it was my first PC im just already feeling the limitations. The Scythe and Corsair both look good the Arctic looks dope and probably runs better but that green clashes hard. 

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

pretty bad motherboard unfortunately. the vrm's will be very hot with a 3900x in. hopefully we can make it work with your current 3600.

i did see corsair has a new air cooler as well with an ajustable fan head for people with tall ram like myself not sure if thats a decent option as well

The ARCTIC Freezer is available in all sorts of color combinations. For the 3600 it's a very good choice, if you want to upgrade to a 3900x or even 3950x I'd suggest something beefier.

i did see corsair has a new air cooler as well with an ajustable fan head for people with tall ram like myself not sure if thats a decent option as well

Performance wise it's in the same ballpark as a Bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15 and basically as good as it gets when it comes to air cooling, however it does use 120mm fans and those will probably be louder under load than the 140mm fans of the other coolers.

1 minute ago, ShinRamen said:

The ARCTIC Freezer is available in all sorts of color combinations. For the 3600 it's a very good choice, if you want to upgrade to a 3900x or even 3950x I'd suggest something beefier.

3900X is on my mind just looking for the funds for that.

56 minutes ago, Primelord said:

im really tempted to swap the Mobo out for like a carbon pro or something from ASUS i only had 1400 bucks last year and it was my first PC im just already feeling the limitations. The Scythe and Corsair both look good the Arctic looks dope and probably runs better but that green clashes hard. 

The pro carbon isn't good either. Msi have botched their entry leve x570s pretty bad. Go for asus or aprus, but only if you swap to 3900. For yhe 3600, what you have is enough.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

The pro carbon isn't good either. Msi have botched their entry leve x570s pretty bad. Go for asus or aprus, but only if you swap to 3900. For yhe 3600, what you have is enough.

makes sense to me i just wish the AMD stock heatsink wasnt complete garbage and wasnt blocking my DIM slot lol

3 hours ago, Primelord said:

What are you actually programming for? Web? Embedded? 

Also, since you're streaming, maybe an nvidia card would do you better due to nvenc, it'd offload all of the obs encode tasks into it, freeing your cpu.

And definitely get more RAM, even 28gb ain't enough for me sometimes.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

8 minutes ago, igormp said:

What are you actually programming for? Web? Embedded? 

Also, since you're streaming, maybe an nvidia card would do you better due to nvenc, it'd offload all of the obs encode tasks into it, freeing your cpu.

And definitely get more RAM, even 28gb ain't enough for me sometimes.

editing videos/webdesign/running blender for 3D modeling/writing/and Game Developement with UE4

2 hours ago, Primelord said:

Arctic looks dope and probably runs better but that green clashes hard. 

It also comes in white, red and yellow. 

Really good bang for buck cooler

Also check out the Scythe Fuma 2.

2 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

It also comes in white, red and yellow. 

Really good bang for buck cooler

Also check out the Scythe Fuma 2.

think id do the gray one i saw on amazon just curious how hard it is to clip the fans onto the heatsink never done anything but stock fan.

23 minutes ago, Primelord said:

think id do the gray one i saw on amazon just curious how hard it is to clip the fans onto the heatsink never done anything but stock fan.

It depends on the unit, but I have never seen one that looks difficult at all. 

Just now, trevb0t said:

It depends on the unit, but I have never seen one that looks difficult at all. 

i have the lack of exsperience on my side. i just need to be careful because of my tall ram

Just now, Primelord said:

i have the lack of exsperience on my side. i just need to be careful because of my tall ram

There are very few units that would be restricted by most heat spreaders. 

I like the Dark Rock Pro 4 slot, but it is one where tall heat spreaders are problematic. 

It shouldn't matter with the eSports Duo. 

1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

There are very few units that would be restricted by most heat spreaders. 

I like the Dark Rock Pro 4 slot, but it is one where tall heat spreaders are problematic. 

It shouldn't matter with the eSports Duo. 

sounds good thank you

19 hours ago, Primelord said:

but rams at a constant 70-90%

What about your drive usage?  What type of storage do you have?

3 hours ago, BobbyPdue said:

What about your drive usage?  What type of storage do you have?

two HDDs i need to wipe one of the drives but i gotta be careful. cause it was my old boot drive that i used to boot the current rig. I had a SSD but gave it to a friend for there build.