Is there a service that rents calibration tools?

Hopeless Necromantic
Go to solution Solved by Touch My Hamm,

I do not believe so. There would more likely be someone who would calibrate your monitor/tv for your for a cost. depending on the hardware/software you usually need a bit of training or previous knowhow to using the software/hardware. I remember training for mine to assist with xray machines and they were VERY strict. 

I've wanted a monitor calibration tool for quite awhile but I've never been able to justify the price for something I'd use only a few times. Ordering from Amazon and returning after use is slimy as hell, so I wondered if anybody knowbof some sort of rental service.

I do not believe so. There would more likely be someone who would calibrate your monitor/tv for your for a cost. depending on the hardware/software you usually need a bit of training or previous knowhow to using the software/hardware. I remember training for mine to assist with xray machines and they were VERY strict. 

If you have Windows 10, a calibration tool is built in.  Just type "calibrate" into the search box, and the "Calibrate display color" option should come right up.  It may not be as perfect a solution as an expensive tool, but it does help quite a bit.

7 hours ago, Hopeless Necromantic said:

I've wanted a monitor calibration tool for quite awhile but I've never been able to justify the price for something I'd use only a few times. Ordering from Amazon and returning after use is slimy as hell, so I wondered if anybody knowbof some sort of rental service.

YES! Take a look at lensrentals.com. They've got two models from X-Rite and one from ColorMunki.