Should I Get A 3ds?

Well my mate and I have seen a lof of new awesome games coming out for the 3DS that all just look like plain fun.

I have a PSP that I never play on and a GBA that I use quite a bit. I mean does anyone own one and is it up to par, or is it just something to look o ver?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

If your looking forward to play the new Pokemon X Y then yes but if your not into it then its not much of a importance to your life. Iv tried the 3D and its not really amazing the sweet spot is literally 1 inch from my face and the 3d effect seem just like looking into a panarama screen

I agree with the guy above, the 3D burns my eyes but other then that I MUST PLAY POKEMANZ 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't know for sure, but I'm 99% sure you can turn off the 3D effect.

I would have it off permanently, if it isn't an option, I would make it an option.

I would not get a 3DS because of its 3D. It sort of made me dizzy but you do have an option to turn it off and you would be able to play Pokemon X and Y because I this game I think will be only supported by the 3DS.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you're stoked for the new games and I don't think it would be a problem to get one. Just remember if you have time to use it at all. My 3DS has not been touched since Resident Evil Revelations. Its a great system if there is time to play. I leave 3D off... I recently got the new harvest moon game but no time to play. It'll only live up to whatever hype you have if you actually use it. Animal Crossing, Rune Factory, Shin Megami Tensei, will populate my 3DS maybe this summer. Pokemon for sure lol.

The question you should ask yourself is:

What do I really want/expect from my 3DS if I purchase one? 

That will help to get things into perspective.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

IMO it is worth it. The only problem is time. If you arent the type to use it at home and you don't carry it with you everywhere, it won't be useful much. I almost got the fire emblem bundle but I realised I wouldn't have much time to play. I already have too much on my computer or PS3.

Thanks for all the replies mates,

I think I'll just pass on it as the only things I was really eying was Fire Emblem, Pokemon and The Legend of Zelda. Might get it down the years when it gets cheaper.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?