Nvidia gt-750m performing worse than Intel HD 4600

lightfire

Hello, I have an msi ge60-2oc with the i5-4200m and a nvidia gt750m. For some reason the nvidia gpu performs way worse than the intel hd 4600 integrated graphics. Driver's are all up-to-date. I'm very new to all of this, so anything that could help is welcome.

It can't be that the dedicated gpu is worse than the integrated one right? Why would they bother putting it in there if it was. 

4 minutes ago, lightfire said:

Hello, I have an msi ge60-2oc with the i5-4200m and a nvidia gt750m. For some reason the nvidia gpu performs way worse than the intel hd 4600 integrated graphics. Driver's are all up-to-date. I'm very new to all of this, so anything that could help is welcome.

It can't be that the dedicated gpu is worse than the integrated one right? Why would they bother putting it in there if it was. 

Videocards arent always meant for better performance. Could just be for more ports. Etc. A 750 really isnt that good.

Well first of all it isnt a GTX 750 its a GT 750m, so u might think they are the same. Another thing is that they mostly put those in there for rendering and stuff, so like it beats the intel HD at video editing and workloads like that. Correct me if im wrong. I got like 8 Thinkpads l440 with a i5 4300m and some with that dedicated 750m.

3 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

Well first of all it isnt a GTX 750 its a GT 750m, so u might think they are the same. Another thing is that they mostly put those in there for rendering and stuff, so like it beats the intel HD at video editing and workloads like that. Correct me if im wrong. I got like 8 Thinkpads l440 with a i5 4300m and some with that dedicated 750m.

It's the 'm' version. I see, so the nvidia gpu might not necessarily give me better performance in games? The msi ge60-2oc was advertised as a gaming laptop back in 2014. I used minecraft as a reference, withe intel hd graphics I can get 60-80 fps. On the same settings I barely get 20-30 when using the Nvidia gpu. 

23 minutes ago, lightfire said:

It's the 'm' version. I see, so the nvidia gpu might not necessarily give me better performance in games? The msi ge60-2oc was advertised as a gaming laptop back in 2014. I used minecraft as a reference, withe intel hd graphics I can get 60-80 fps. On the same settings I barely get 20-30 when using the Nvidia gpu. 

Yeh "M" usually stands for "mobile" or something like that. So it basically means that its a lower specced gt 750 (desktop version) so it can be used in laptops and other stuff. And as i said its a GT and not a GTX, so its a big diffrence. OR i might be stupid and its something else spooking around.