I7 3770 to r5 3600. Can't decide on motherboard

I'm wanting to upgrade to a 3600 and keep my rtx 2060. I can't decide on a motherboard. I can use either a matx or mitx in the Thermaltake core v21. If I go mitx I need wifi if I go with matx I already have an ac card I can use but wouldn't mind having it built in either. I'm leaning to getting a b350 or b450 msi board but I have no idea how to judge good vrm to bad vrm. Any suggestions? I'm open to any good board as long as it can have its bios updated without a processor so I don't have to worry about old bios and no 2nd gen cpu to upgrade it. 

If you want B450 and you want mATX board, mortar max is the best option. You can't find anything better even if you paid more. Buy it.

3 hours ago, Viper9 said:

The ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F or the MSI B450 MOTAR MAX. 

The Asus is a atx board from what I'm seeing and the only msi b450 mortar left available in the USA is a titanium. I was mistaken with my earlier post when Amazon gave me bad results for the b350 mortar. 

Nobody is asking what kind of cooling you have, or plan to get. A high end motherboard won't help you squeeze out any extra performance if you're thermal throttling.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Location? Where are you buying from?

If there is no Mortar MAX available, the only two boards I can think of are MSI B450m Bazooka PLUS (pay attention to Plus) or Asrock B450m STeel Legend (this one has a compromising VRM heatsink...)

If you are able to pick a Mortar MAX, definitely the way to go..

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

3 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Nobody is asking what kind of cooling you have, or plan to get. A high end motherboard won't help you squeeze out any extra performance if you're thermal throttling.

I'm not really interested in anything more than matching the 3600x clocks and honestly from what I've seen there's barely any real world fps  benefit to even doing that. I just want a board that isn't a turd that won't let me down and piss me off. 

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Location? Where are you buying from?

If there is no Mortar MAX available, the only two boards I can think of are MSI B450m Bazooka PLUS (pay attention to Plus) or Asrock B450m STeel Legend (this one has a compromising VRM heatsink...)

If you are able to pick a Mortar MAX, definitely the way to go..

Oregon. My only real option is online since best buy and frys here don't really have anything. 

31 minutes ago, Sicko65 said:

Oregon. My only real option is online since best buy and frys here don't really have anything. 

Then still Mortar MAX is your best choice. Even though you'll have to order it from elsewhere.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

19 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Then still Mortar MAX is your best choice. Even though you'll have to order it from elsewhere.

New egg 3rd party from shipped from the UK isn't something I want to do and I don't do ebay any more and those are from the UK and azerbaijan Republic. 

Ordered shipped and sold by Amazon UK. Should have it by the end of the month. I figured Amazon us would handle any issues that may come up.