UPGRADE HEADPHONE 4 GAMING

Jorn3l
On 2/7/2020 at 11:39 PM, pas008 said:

i'd try onboard with hesuvi with those headphones

you could mess with atmos, sbx, and many others

no money spent to dabble

and 9500s are great for gaming but you could try different ones also with possible amp and hesuvi too

On 2/7/2020 at 8:14 PM, rice guru said:

I know but the amp on the gax is rather weak. If you upgraded it and took a fixed line out and hooked it up to a more powerful amp then you could support the DT 880 600 ohm which would be my recc.

this weekend i was thinking in selling my setup and with that money plus maybe 150$ i coud upgrade the entire setup. 

i was thinking in a USB mic like blue yeti and then maybe buy the headphone and some new "no gaming" DAC/AMP combo.

What do you guys think and what do you recomend?

PS: if i left the blue yeti on the table at 1 arm distance can it pic my voice (i use discord with frinds)?

28 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

this weekend i was thinking in selling my setup and with that money plus maybe 150$ i coud upgrade the entire setup. 

i was thinking in a USB mic like blue yeti and then maybe buy the headphone and some new "no gaming" DAC/AMP combo.

What do you guys think and what do you recomend?

PS: if i left the blue yeti on the table at 1 arm distance can it pic my voice (i use discord with frinds)?

For a DAC amp combo for $150 the fiio k5 pro come to mind. Or the best pairing with the headphone I want to reccomend the monoprice liquid spark and a separate dac like the topping d10. The beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm would be a great upgrade to what you have now.

And yes the yeti should be fairly sensitive being a condenser it should be able to pick up your voice.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

For a DAC amp combo for $150 the fiio k5 pro come to mind. Or the best pairing with the headphone I want to reccomend the monoprice liquid spark and a separate dac like the topping d10. The beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm would be a great upgrade to what you have now.

And yes the yeti should be fairly sensitive being a condenser it should be able to pick up your voice.

Fiio k5 pro are +200$ in europe... do you know any alternative? I prefer dac/amp combo because of space saving.

What is the diference between DT 880 600hms and DT 880 pro?

15 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

Fiio k5 pro are +200$ in europe... do you know any alternative? I prefer dac/amp combo because of space saving.

Better more refined sound and more comfortable. Damn Europe is hard to choose for. Not many dac/amp options. Maybe just Run a schiit heresy off your motherboard 

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Better more refined sound and more comfortable. Damn Europe is hard to choose for. Not many dac/amp options. Maybe just Run a schiit heresy off your motherboard 

yep things are expensive here...

what do you think about creative sound blaster x3? should i stay away?

Just now, Jorn3l said:

yep things are expensive here...

what do you think about creative sound blaster x3? should i stay away?

Never used it and I don't know if it can properly power. 600 ohm 880. I'm not a big sounblaster fan. the g6 is alright and the ae9 is competent but over priced as hell. And the rest I'm either ignorant in or just didn't like

12 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Better more refined sound and more comfortable

witch one?

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Never used it and I don't know if it can properly power. 600 ohm 880. I'm not a big sounblaster fan. the g6 is alright and the ae9 is competent but over priced as hell. And the rest I'm either ignorant in or just didn't like

ok...stay away then

3 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

witch one?

ok...stay away then

Most I would do is sell the shps grab and keep the gsx as a dac to feed an amp like the schiit heresy. Schiit has an EU store you can buy from

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Most I would do is sell the shps grab and keep the gsx as a dac to feed an amp like the schiit heresy. Schiit has an EU store you can buy from

its to much stuff on desk... desk mic, dac, amp, headphone stand....

need to look for dac/amp combo

6 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

its to much stuff on desk... desk mic, dac, amp, headphone stand....

need to look for dac/amp combo

If you can find something great but nothing comes to mind personally.

You could go for something not as good as a 880 but easier to drive like a HD 599.

2 hours ago, Jorn3l said:

Where are you from EU? Fiio K5 Pro is €148 on Aliexpress.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

22 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Where are you from EU? Fiio K5 Pro is €148 on Aliexpress.

Problem about aliexpress at those prices is customs taxes

1 hour ago, Jorn3l said:

Problem about aliexpress at those prices is customs taxes

That's right. This depends on which EU country you live. In Netherlands we have to pay for customs taxes if it's higher than €150.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

12 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

That's right. This depends on which EU country you live. In Netherlands we have to pay for customs taxes if it's higher than €150.

Here is €21... lol

15 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

Here is €21... lol

What a load of bs full of greedy fucks...

DAC/AMPs:

14 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

What a load of bs full of greedy fucks...

yep, thats exacly that.

And for the year 2021 they want to charge on every product no matter the price unless it comes from EU.

i´ll keep looking for a decent amp/dac for a reasonable price. Or i´ll try to fly to Netherlands for 10€ and buy a fiio k5 pro for 150€.. LOL

hi again guys.

Can someone give a feedback about yamaha HPH-MT7 cans?

If someone can analyze the specifications and tell if it could possibly be used for gaming i´ll be thankfull!

Thanks

Edited by Jorn3l

why are you putting ` instead of ' ? It's really annoying be when I read your comments.

Also, you're going to have to learn to use your knowledge of the environment/map that you're playing to determine if someone is behind you. It's not perfect, but it's the best (practical) way.

45 minutes ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

why are you putting ` instead of ' ?

what do you mean?

45 minutes ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

Also, you're going to have to learn to use your knowledge of the environment/map that you're playing to determine if someone is behind you. It's not perfect, but it's the best (practical) way.

I know that, but i thought i could determine the positioning more faster with the gear i´m using. Usualy it takes 4-6 steps of the enemy to really know where he is. Thats why i asked originaly if it was worth the upgrade for a new set of cans or if i´m good with what i have..

I had a set of cloud II, maybe 3 years ago, and i think i could determine position in 2-4 enemy steps.

49 minutes ago, Jorn3l said:

what do you mean?

Yeah I thought I saw you using ` but I guess not. My bad.

5 minutes ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

Yeah I thought I saw you using ` but I guess not. My bad.

np

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone give feedback about the Yamaha HPH series (MT5/ MT7 or MT8) for serious gaming?
The best accurate Positional audio and imaging its my aim. Soundstage (mid to large) and footsteps its important too.

Can someone help if this can be used for just gaming?

Any info is very apreciated!

On 2/7/2020 at 11:39 PM, pas008 said:

i'd try onboard with hesuvi with those headphones

you could mess with atmos, sbx, and many others

no money spent to dabble

and 9500s are great for gaming but you could try different ones also with possible amp and hesuvi too

Yeah, i´ll look into that..

I been playing with a friend and he has a set of cloud ii and he can ear footsteps faster than me...

Thats why i´ve been looking to replace the 9500s for something better.

i´ve been looking for mmx 300 gen 2 and maybe some good dac/amp to power them..

Should i switch?