UPDATE: Loud Humming and vibration??

ArdorGamer

My PC temps are still running high, even after ordering new Thermal Paste and reapplying. What's worse is now I am hearing a loud humming and vibration coming from my PC. I have no idea what is happening, plez help.

Edited by ArdorGamer
New Problems arising

wow thats insanely hot for idle

probably a silly question, but are the radiator fans definetly spinning? how long have temps been like this? have they always been like this? have you actually applied thermal paste? how old is the PC? did you build it or is it a prebuild?

To get these temperatures at idle you'd need to not have a CPU cooler. Do you have a cpu cooler and is it correctly mounted with thermal paste? 

8 minutes ago, idwt said:

wow thats insanely hot for idle

probably a silly question, but are the radiator fans definetly spinning? how long have temps been like this? have they always been like this? have you actually applied thermal paste? how old is the PC? did you build it or is it a prebuild?

The Radiator fans are definitely spinning, I can feel air being intaked from where they are mounted

1 minute ago, ArdorGamer said:

The Radiator fans are definitely spinning, I can feel air being intaked from where they are mounted

is your CPU block RGB? if so is it lit up? definetly plugged in? 

please may you answer the rest of my questions in the comment so i can try to help you

4 minutes ago, idwt said:

is your CPU block RGB? if so is it lit up? definetly plugged in? 

please may you answer the rest of my questions in the comment so i can try to help you

It's been a little while since I've reapplied thermal paste, but i also can't seem to find my old thermal paste tube. =/ The PC was build by me and it's running around 3-4 years now, and no I don't think temps have always been like this but they have been for some time.

Just now, ArdorGamer said:

It's been a little while since I've reapplied thermal paste, but i also can't seem to find my old thermal paste tube. =/ The PC was build by me and it's running around 3-4 years now, and no I don't think temps have always been like this but they have been for some time.

i would order some brand new thermal paste and give it a go, dont use the thermal paste youve had laying around for years. i cant see it being a thermal paste issue but for a couple of bucks its worth a shot

Just to be sure, since Link isn't supported for years now, are these temps the same in other programs like HWMonitor?

And if it was fine then, but not fine now (and you are running an AIO?) then either the thermal paste has dried up and turned to dust, or the AIO has somehow evaporated fluids, or the pump no longer works on the AIO.  Basically can only be those three things (I cant see how after 3-4 years it could be a mount pressure issue unless you have had these temps all along)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

11 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Just to be sure, since Link isn't supported for years now, are these temps the same in other programs like HWMonitor?

And if it was fine then, but not fine now (and you are running an AIO?) then either the thermal paste has dried up and turned to dust, or the AIO has somehow evaporated fluids, or the pump no longer works on the AIO.  Basically can only be those three things (I cant see how after 3-4 years it could be a mount pressure issue unless you have had these temps all along)

I don't think they have always been like this, and your theory pretty much lines up with mine, if i remember correctly the last time i applied thermal paste it didn't even really do anything for the temperatures. So this has been addressed before, so the only other thing I can think of is that the fluids have evaporated.

1 minute ago, ArdorGamer said:

I don't think they have always been like this, and your theory pretty much lines up with mine, if i remember correctly the last time i applied thermal paste it didn't even really do anything for the temperatures. So this has been addressed before, so the only other thing I can think of is that the fluids have evaporated.

No need for theory

Check the thermal paste, if not dry it could be bad mount pressure

Check the AIO - yes there is air in them already but you can actually refill them with a little DIY methods very easily and cheaply

Are you positive the pump is running - this is the most likely culprit if you have changed pastes and found no results.  

To check the pump you should feel a slight vibration.  

One last thing as Im thinking could be air trapped in the CPU block / pump housing.  Can eliminate that by moving your entire PC chassis around while its running at full RPM and work the bubbles to the radiator (which should be noted that your radiator should always be mounted higher than your block so that the air doesn't get trapped in the block to create hot spots)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

No need for theory

Check the thermal paste, if not dry it could be bad mount pressure

Check the AIO - yes there is air in them already but you can actually refill them with a little DIY methods very easily and cheaply

Are you positive the pump is running - this is the most likely culprit if you have changed pastes and found no results.  

To check the pump you should feel a slight vibration.  

One last thing as Im thinking could be air trapped in the CPU block / pump housing.  Can eliminate that by moving your entire PC chassis around while its running at full RPM and work the bubbles to the radiator (which should be noted that your radiator should always be mounted higher than your block so that the air doesn't get trapped in the block to create hot spots)

yes i feel a slight vibration, i have just ordered new thermal paste and should be here in 2 days.

10 minutes ago, ArdorGamer said:

yes i feel a slight vibration, i have just ordered new thermal paste and should be here in 2 days.

Also download HWInfo (free) and check temps.

Link has been unsupported for many many years.  So Im also inclined to think that since you aren't crashing or PC auto shutting off with minor load (at those idle temps) that these may be falsely reported temps.  What does iCUE say (says you have that installed as well, which is the software currently supported by Corsair after they dropped Link support)?

32 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Also download HWInfo (free) and check temps.

Link has been unsupported for many many years.  So Im also inclined to think that since you aren't crashing or PC auto shutting off with minor load (at those idle temps) that these may be falsely reported temps.  What does iCUE say (says you have that installed as well, which is the software currently supported by Corsair after they dropped Link support)?

I checked temps in iCue and they are pretty much the same