d5 or ddc

what pump should i go with?

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

If you just run CPU + rad you can get yourself the Alphacool DC-LT. It is not very powerful, but with fewer components you can get great temps. On the upside: It costs only 45€ including the reservoir, is very small, hidable  and looks realy cool.

D5 louder stronger DDC is for quiet freaks need to know what your planing to have in your loop tho i personaly am running 2 x DDC

D5 louder stronger DDC is for quiet freaks need to know what your planing to have in your loop tho i personaly am running 2 x DDC

This is not an accurate post. The D5's are almost always quieter and can potentially have higher flow rates whereas the DDC's are smaller, run hotter more than the D5's and can potentially offer higher head pressure to help with flow restrictions.

I second that,

D5 is quieter and run cooler, but the heat dump to the liquid is higher than the ddc this is the reason why it runs cooler,

while ddc doesn't dump as much heat to the coolant thus it runs hotter

but either way , they are good choice

personal preference get either a D5 with speed control/pwm or a DDC35X and run it on pwm

thanks all

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

This is not an accurate post. The D5's are almost always quieter and can potentially have higher flow rates whereas the DDC's are smaller, run hotter more than the D5's and can potentially offer higher head pressure to help with flow restrictions.

D5s run cooler but dumps heat back into the loop ddcs do run warm dumps heat into case instead of loop

potentially higher flow rates? not per db thats for sure and head presure is mostly up to the head wich ddc is usualy higher  this chart is old but still valid http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/03/10/pump-noise-testing-round-1/

Ive had both, original post is mostly from person experience im not sure if its the same with all ddc v d5 comparisions but my ddc is definatly quieter than my d5 not by much but its there tho both choices are not wrong there both great pumps and youll be happy wither either.

D5s run cooler but dumps heat back into the loop ddcs do run warm dumps heat into case instead of loop

potentially higher flow rates? not per db thats for sure and head presure is mostly up to the head wich ddc is usualy higher  this chart is old but still valid http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/03/10/pump-noise-testing-round-1/

Ive had both, original post is mostly from person experience im not sure if its the same with all ddc v d5 comparisions but my ddc is definatly quieter than my d5 not by much but its there tho both choices are not wrong there both great pumps and youll be happy wither either.

if you have a noisy D5 more than likely you have air in the pump top. true, D5 does

use the coolant to control it's heat and the DDC does not. but the DDC relies on air

cooling to keep it's cool. buying extra heat sinks/fans to keep it thermally in check

kinda defeats the reason for water cooling (silence). when i was using DDC, the failure

rate was more than 70% because of the necessity to get dedicated air flow.  to keep its

internal existence and circuitry cool. if not they would simply burn up (literally).

in my use of water pumps the DDC is marked higher noise output over the D5.

D5's have a much lower RMA rate then DDCs not because they are bad, but they do have more points of failure.  a DDC can have coolant leak directly into pump circuitry, and with out  proper cooling it can over heat and burn out, EK is making a heasink cover for DDCs not sure if its in stores yet.  the up side to them is they are small, you can position then in any direction (if I recall correctly) and they produce higher pressures then D5s.

DDC failure rate is not 70%

per flow / db in most online charts DDC comes out on top but there are a few that put it the other way round truth is there pretty damn close to each other

DDC failure rate is not 70%

when i was using DDC, the failure

rate was more than 70% because of the necessity to get dedicated air flow.  to keep its

internal existence and circuitry cool. if not they would simply burn up (literally).

my failure rate is 70%

7 bad pumps out of 10 installs is 70% fail. i fixed three of them with new PCB update.

my failure rate is 70%

7 bad pumps out of 10 installs is 70% fail. i fixed three of them with new PCB update.

New PCB update????

my failure rate is 70%

Out of interest did those 7/10 loops have high restriction. DDCs apparently overheat in restrictive loops, but are fine in relativity small loops.

You could also get a DDC shroud, EK just released one: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pump-tops/ddc-series/ek-ddc-heatsink-cover-black.html

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.