Building a new PC next month. R5 3600 + RX 5700XT

Hello my name is Victor,

I am 14 years old and from germany.

I want to build a new PC for myself next month. My budget is about 1150€ ($1266,63).

The PC will be mainly for gaming and maybe some stream (but not a lot). The games that I play are Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, Ark: Survival Evolved, CSGO and I want to be safe to play some games that may come out this year.

The parts list I have right now:

Yes, I know that big cooler isn't needed but I think it looks very good. But I wonder if the RAM is going to fit under that bulky cooler. 

The case is expensive but looks good and has awesome airflow.

best regards

Victor aka. lilotus

I'll recommend something like this instead...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€200.80 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions Phantom CPU Cooler  (€29.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) NH-D15 is complete overkill for Ryzen 5 3600. I'll recommend this instead.
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) Boards with same VRMs as tomahawk max. It's in the same tier as the tomahawk.
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (€89.80 @ Alza) Faster 16gb 3600mhz cl17 ram.
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) Bigger and Way faster SSD with a phison e12 controller.
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (€405.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€96.89 @ Alternate) Best sub €100 case.
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) Tier A PSU.
Total: €1095.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-27 17:38 CET+0100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

For a 14 year old this build is better planned than most adults.

Looks good to me. Someone else might know, but you might need low profile ram to fit under that cooler. I would also recommend 3600Mhz RAM for Ryzen. So you could step your budget up for that, or just rock the stock cooler for your CPU and get faster RAM

Id also recommend the Red Devil 5700 XT over the Thicc

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I don't think the CPU Cooler looks that good. And I've heard a lot of people say that the Thicc III is one of the worst cooling custom designs for the RX5700XT. I don't know why you included that 2 case fans because this case comes with 3 preinstalled fans (2x 200mm in the front and 1x 120mm in the back). 

3 minutes ago, Statik said:

For a 14 year old this build is better planned than most adults.

Looks good to me. Someone else might know, but you might need low profile ram to fit under that cooler. I would also recommend 3600Mhz RAM for Ryzen. So you could step your budget up for that, or just rock the stock cooler for your CPU and get faster ram

I've been planning a lot over the last year for this build and saving up all my money and luckily my birthday is next month and I've made a deal with my mom to get all my pocket money for the whole year at my birthday and buy a new pc for me. 

I know I could just use the stock cooler, but I want to overclock the CPU and I don't really want the component to get too hot. My biggest concern was the ram so thank you for pointing that out. I now have the Viper 4 Blackout 2x 8GB 3600mhz cl17 in my partslist and I may change the cooler to a one that is not so bulky.

1 minute ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I've been planning a lot over the last year for this build and saving up all my money and luckily my birthday is next month and I've made a deal with my mom to get all my pocket money for the whole year at my birthday and buy a new pc for me. 

I know I could just use the stock cooler, but I want to overclock the CPU and I don't really want the component to get too hot. My biggest concern was the ram so thank you for pointing that out. I now have the Viper 4 Blackout 2x 8GB 3600mhz cl17 in my partslist and I may change the cooler to a one that is not so bulky.

The case and PSU that I recommended at on par with the ones that you have selected while being cheaper.

The case is slightly better than h500.

Also I have gone with a faster 1tb SSD.

9 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Gelid Solutions Phantom CPU Cooler  (€29.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) NH-D15 is complete overkill for Ryzen 5 3600. I'll recommend this instead.
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) Boards with same VRMs as tomahawk max. It's in the same tier as the tomahawk.
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (€89.80 @ Alza) Faster 16gb 3600mhz cl17 ram.
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) Bigger and Way faster SSD with a phison e12 controller.
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (€405.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€96.89 @ Alternate) Best sub €100 case.
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) Tier A PSU.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

7 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) Way faster SSD with a phison e12 controller.

I've never heard about that cooler brand but I was thinking of going with a bequiet dark rock pro 3 or 4 instead.

I don't want to buy only one drive that is why i only had the 500gb one in but I change the 500gb drive to the sabrent rocket drive. 

I don't really understand why I should change the gpu to a 2 cooler design instead.

well...I really want to use the H500 case :)

what was the corsair psu tier?

6 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I don't think the CPU Cooler looks that good. And I've heard a lot of people say that the Thicc III is one of the worst cooling custom designs for the RX5700XT. I don't know why you included that 2 case fans because this case comes with 3 preinstalled fans (2x 200mm in the front and 1x 120mm in the back). 

Thicc II has cooling issues. But xfx has fixed all those flaws and made the THICC III. It is simply one of the best 5700xt out there.

Maybe you can refer some of our tier lists.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

3 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Thicc II has cooling issues. But xfx has fixed all those flaws and made the THICC III. It is simply one of the best 5700xt out there.

But it doesn't have the look that I like. :/ 

12 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

But it doesn't have the look that I like. :/ 

Get the one that I recommended. It is in the same tier as the gigabyte one which you have got in your list while being cheaper.

18 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I've never heard about that cooler brand but I was thinking of going with a bequiet dark rock pro 3 or 4 instead.

I don't want to buy only one drive that is why i only had the 500gb one in but I change the 500gb drive to the sabrent rocket drive. 

I don't really understand why I should change the gpu to a 2 cooler design instead.

well...I really want to use the H500 case :)

what was the corsair psu tier?

Meshify C is hands down the best sub $100 case with excellent looks and cooling.

Gelid is a well known brand. They make coolers and thermal pastes. Also, DRP4 and nh d15 are complete overkill for a 3600. The money you spend in getting these behemoth coolers can be used to upgrade to a 3700x. Also that gelid phantom is an excellent cooler for the price.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

18 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

If you want to spend money based on look, sure. But the ram won't fit under the dh-15. Could try the dh-14 or dh-15s if you're set on noctua.

The thicc iii is pretty good actually.

Case comes with two front and q back fans, but there are two slots you can fit on the top which will help with cooling quite a lot for their price.

8 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Get the one that I recommended. It is in the same tier as the gigabyte one which you have got in your list while being cheaper.

Meshify C is hands down the best sub $100 case with excellent looks and cooling.

Gelid is a well known brand. They make coolers and thermal pastes. Also, DRP4 and nh d15 at complete overkill for a 3600. The money you spend in getting those behemoth coolers can be used to upgrade to a 3700x. Also that gelid phantom is a excellent cooler for the price.

Okay i am using a different cooler now and the Meshify C now in the parts list:

I am now going for a black build and maybe someday I put a rgb strip in it.

Looks good. You can save a bit on the motherboard by getting the a-pro. You can get the rgb version of that cooler, it performs a bit better and it has rgb. You could also get some case fans

12 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

If you want to spend money based on look, sure. But the ram won't fit under the dh-15. Could try the dh-14 or dh-15s if you're set on noctua.

The thicc iii is pretty good actually.

Case comes with two front and q back fans, but there are two slots you can fit on the top which will help with cooling quite a lot for their price.

The Thicc III is actually more expensive than the gaming oc.

Just now, boggy77 said:

Looks good. You can save a bit on the motherboard by getting the a-pro. You can get the rgb version of that cooler, it performs a bit better and it has rgb. You could also get some case fans

I know that there is a rgb version of the cooler but I dont want a lot of rgb on thr components. And what case fans do you recommend that are not super expensive and if possible black?

2 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

I know that there is a rgb version of the cooler but I dont want a lot of rgb on thr components. And what case fans do you recommend that are not super expensive and if possible black?

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/LmCFf7/arctic-p12-pwm-pst5-pack-563-cfm-120-mm-fans-acfan00137a

These are the 120mm version. Check what the case take, there is a 140mm version as well.

5 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

The Thicc III is actually more expensive than the gaming oc.

It's a bit better. But if you prefer the looks of the gaming oc, go for that as well. It's not a bad card.

16 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

It's a bit better. But if you prefer the looks of the gaming oc, go for that as well. It's not a bad card.

Okay, I go for Gaming OC.

2 minutes ago, lilotus.FRM said:

woah they are expensive.

Edit: I didn't see its a 5 pack ?‍♂️

you can actually fit 5 more fans in addition to the pre-installed 2 fans in the meshify c. so this kit is perfect for that.

Just now, boggy77 said:

you can actually fit 5 more fans in addition to the pre-installed 2 fans in the meshify c. so this kit is perfect for that.

ah okay

looks good. you can't really fit 140mm fans it that case, t's better suited to 120mm. you can go with the 5-pack if you drop to a b450 a-pro max board, which is essentially a tomahawk in a different colour. 

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

looks good. you can't really fit 140mm fans it that case, t's better suited to 120mm. you can go with the 5-pack if you drop to a b450 a-pro max board, which is essentially a tomahawk in a different colour. 

I looked on the Fractal Design website and it says:

case.thumb.PNG.c5ca79ca9180679aaaa4a99b1be969d9.PNG

I plan to put that 120 included front fan in the bottom and install 2x 140mm and 2x 140mm in the top.