Fry's Electronic Store Closures Confirmed

SpikeSpiegel

I've never been to a Fry's, but a physical store where I can see what i'm buying is really nice, too bad to see them closing.

The only store I have nearby is a BestBuy, they've gotten better and carry a few motherboards,CPU's, and graphics cards.

So Fry's has followed the path of Dicksmith's. They're pretty much online only now. And their pricing was horrendous as well, when a known overpriced computer shop across from my local one sold a better configuration of a Toshiba laptop (same line of laptops, better overall specs) for $200 less.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The Fry's in my city is pretty much empty and they took any other overstock from other departments and just filled up the isles to make the store look less empty.

We are told they are not buying new inventory but this all revolves around the current issues with USA and China trade deal.  All this crap comes from China and Asian countries, so this totally what's going on.

With Taxes and Amazon prices,  Fry's is damn expensive.  Sometimes up to $60 more than Amazon.

I remember when Radio Shack was doomed.  I saw it coming and thought the best thing would be to merge with Walmart or something.   Fry's is really the last big electronics store.  Best Buy has absolutely nothing.   If there was a way Fry's can merge with whatever is left of Radio Shack, they should merge together and open new departments, especially like for 3D Printing. 

Parts and supplies for 3D Printing, not sure why this never took off

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

1 minute ago, THraShArD said:

The Fry's in my city is pretty much empty and they took any other overstock from other departments and just filled up the isles to make the store look less empty.

We are told they are not buying new inventory but this all revolves around the current issues with USA and China trade deal.  All this crap comes from China and Asian countries, so this totally what's going on.

With Taxes and Amazon prices,  Fry's is damn expensive.  Sometimes up to $60 more than Amazon.

I remember when Radio Shack was doomed.  I saw it coming and thought the best thing would be to merge with Walmart or something.   Fry's is really the last big electronics store.  Best Buy has absolutely nothing.   If there was a way Fry's can merge with whatever is left of Radio Shack, they should merge together and open new departments, especially like for 3D Printing. 

Parts and supplies for 3D Printing, not sure why this never took off

I was thinking microcenter myself.  Bestbuy is also still reasonably if not particularly healthy.  I suspect all computer part prices are going to hit the stratosphere with this coronavirus thing.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, CalintzJerevinan said:

After seeing BitWit's video about his local Fry's store having inventory issues.  I just confirmed that my Fry's Electronics store closed it's doors on 12/29/2019.

And here's the photo from the main entrance way.  Of the official notice from Fry's Electronics

CbINJQ4.jpg

Cbet3BX.png

Fry’s is a phenomenal store.  However, I may be wrong, the entire thing isn’t going down.  

But those promo deals are insane, if you keep up with fry’s they either changed the person who made them or laid off those crazy discounts.

we got about 5 stores in my area and the one closest to me is a ghost town as of late.  Purely inventory wise.  I know many of the workers at the location and they say right now they are in talks with new vendors and they are not closing the store or fry’s.  It has been there for 33 years.

keeping my fingers crossed.  

Funny thing is down the street from from the location they got a Best Buy and they would purchase from fry’s too for their customers 

They are spread out all over.  I thought just the 1 store in California was closing, but this is really new in Georgia.

It might be a dried up location after 35 years.  Both locations were just north of Atlanta, so it seems just 1 store is good enough for that area.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |