Mixing fan types iCUE Lighting Node CORE

So i got a Corsair icue 465x case sitting around waiting for my new build, but I'm wondering about the lighting node core. The case comes with 3 LL120 fans, but the AIOs come with ML120 fans. (1) Is the node core not going to work with mixed fans? Searching seems to suggest it wont, but i cant find posts where people have actually experienced it (on the vague hope it works despite corsair saying it doesn't). (2) Also there's nowhere to hook up the RGB USB from a corsair RGB AIO to this thing either is there? (3) And finally since i'm expecting the answer to mixing fans and AIO USB to be no, can i link this thing up to a either a commander pro or lighting pro to get that functionality back without having to get both?

If i need both a lighting pro and commander pro to get all the RGB goodness form the range of corsair stuff, then I'm a bit miffed that this case kind of misled me with the lighting node core. Although I'll admit i like the look of the case (saw one in person) even without the RGB fully set up. So long as the fans are lit at all it looks pretty good. The only other corsair case i thought looked as nice is RGB 500D and that's AUS$200 more.

So all the RGBs I'm intending to implement:

Keep the 3 LL120s in the front

Put a RGB H100i or H115i in the top (the ones with RGB on the CPU block)

and put a final LL120 in the back

No extra strips, but i will probably get corsair RGB ram to round out my Rainbow Unicorn Vomit Seizure build.

(4) Whats my best bet to to fully control all that?

I'm fine with the bloatware. The RGB will mainly be to make my nieces go "oooh, ahhh, shiny".

I'm fairly new to PC building so this may not be correct but I think since you'll have a set of LL120s and a set of ML120s, you'll need an addition RGB fan led hub

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

So you would connect one set of fans to the included hub with the 465x and one set of the fans with the one in the link. Fortunately it's pretty cheap at $10.

Then you'd connect each hub to a lighting node pro which then gets connected to your MOBO which unfortunately isn't that cheap. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-Lighting-Node-PRO/p/CL-9011109-WW

BTW, I'm thinking of swithing my case out for the 465x, I think it looks great and I like that it comes with the 3 LL120s/

Unless it has individually addressable fan headers, unlike all of my fan hubs.  

Whichever is Fan 0, the fan you address via BIOS or software with a hub, will send a signal (DC or PWM) to the other heads identically.  They will spin at different speeds if they are rated for different RPM.

Ive never used the fan hub you are mentioning here, maybe you got a real nice one that does this.  But every hub I own doesn't care what brand is on them, or duty cycle.  Myself I just use good fans and run them at max RPM so either way everythings running at full RPM regardless of the differing specs.

I have two diff fans (AF and SP running on the same splitter) on my RR1 in sig on the 120mm aio in that rig, and its of no worries to me!

As for my iCUE software with my Corsair AIO's - no the splitters aren't addressable.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Oh wait... Can i hook the AIO RGB USB up to an internal USB header on my mobo to get its iCUE functionality? I'd need to waste 2 USB headers (one for cooler and one for Node Core), but I could look into a board with excess USB headers.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:38 PM, Quivz said:

Oh wait... Can i hook the AIO RGB USB up to an internal USB header on my mobo to get its iCUE functionality? I'd need to waste 2 USB headers (one for cooler and one for Node Core), but I could look into a board with excess USB headers.

the commander pro has a build in usb hub. or nzxt sell one same with aquacomputer. you can buy a cheap generic one but i have it and it seem to disconnect so take that with a gran of salt.

a mb usb head is well 2 usb in 1 head so if you had an adapter from 10 pin to 4 pin. if you have 2 header you could have 4 usb ports but that sounds like extra work and cables so w/e

the hub takes 4pin and corsair strip is 3 pin so no strip with the core unless you get a custom cable. or unless corsair sell a 4pin strip?

as for mixing fans i don't no i guess its up to the software weather each channel can have its own fan type like the commander and node.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links