Point to Point Wireless Bridge

AttackOfTheMoons
On 1/19/2020 at 7:55 PM, IgorM said:

One thing you should consider is the speed you expect. The 300Mbps APs use an older wireless standard and slower speeds (around 60Mbps in reality). The 5Ghz ubiquiti one can give some good results for you but having some obstacles in the way is worrying.

Hey, so I bought the 300 mbps aps and they have been okay. Recently I upgraded the service to a gigabit plan. The device I learned maxes out at 10/100 Mbps so it is bottlenecked heavily. I also have pretty much line of site, cut down some trees. Do you think the 5ghz ubiquiti one will be more consistent? At the source speedtest reads 876 mbps, but at the second building its closer to 60 (like you said it would max out at, how did you know? Is that the throughput? Where can I find the throughput of the ubiquiti one I linked) Still not looking to spend too much, but reliable service is much needed. 
I also looked into the air fiber that some others suggested and it looked like it would cost about 2500$, which is much more than my budget allows for.

Is this something that would work? https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu/products/nanostation-ac

20 hours ago, AttackOfTheMoons said:

Hey, so I bought the 300 mbps aps and they have been okay. Recently I upgraded the service to a gigabit plan. The device I learned maxes out at 10/100 Mbps so it is bottlenecked heavily. I also have pretty much line of site, cut down some trees. Do you think the 5ghz ubiquiti one will be more consistent? At the source speedtest reads 876 mbps, but at the second building its closer to 60 (like you said it would max out at, how did you know? Is that the throughput? Where can I find the throughput of the ubiquiti one I linked) Still not looking to spend too much, but reliable service is much needed. 
I also looked into the air fiber that some others suggested and it looked like it would cost about 2500$, which is much more than my budget allows for.

Is this something that would work? https://store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu/products/nanostation-ac

I believe you can get up to 400Mbit using Ubiquiti Litebeams or similar dedicated outdoor point to point devices, so long as its clear line of sight.

Normal Access Points are not designed to handle the interference of an outdoor environment.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7