IBM Xseries 226 Cpu Overhaul

So i just got my hands on an old ibm xseries 226 server, im thinking about changing the included single core xenon cpu with 2 Xeon X7460 to get 12 cores, they have the same 604 socket so in theory they should work. Does anyone know if the Xeon X7460 is compatible with the server's motherboard?

thanks

Not exactly sure which Cpus it does support. Did not spend much time looking, but here is some resources I've found you can look at better.

But this is what it looks like can support.

• 1 or 2 MB ECC Level-2 cache
  • 2.8, 3.0, or 3.4 GHz / 800 MHz
  • Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T)

xSeries 2.8 GHz 800 MHz 1MB L2 Cache Upgrade with Xeon Processor and EM64T (13N0671)

xSeries 3.0 GHz 800 MHz 1MB L2 Cache Upgrade with Xeon Processor and EM64T (13N0672)

xSeries 3.2 GHz 800 MHz 1MB L2 Cache Upgrade with Xeon Processor and EM64T (13N0673)

https://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=an&subtype=ca&htmlfid=877/ENUSZG05-0150#Header_7

https://www.ibm.com/support/home/product/5443221/xSeries_226#!

I don't think those 6 core chips will work, socked 604 was used for a long time, and not all chisp will work in all systems. But look for a cpu suport list.

18 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I don't think those 6 core chips will work, socked 604 was used for a long time, and not all chisp will work in all systems. But look for a cpu suport list.

I've searched everywhere for any info on what cpu's the motherboard is compatible with but I can't find anything. It's very hard to find any info about the motherboard, maybe it wasn't so popular?

Thanks