Kingston A400

BedSpaghetti

I’m having problems getting my Kingston A400 240GB drive to pull up on file manager. It gets picked up by the Device manager, the bios, and the specialized Kingston program, but I pull up file explorer and it says I only have the one drive.

12 minutes ago, BedSpaghetti said:

I’m having problems getting my Kingston A400 240GB drive to pull up on file manager. It gets picked up by the Device manager, the bios, and the specialized Kingston program, but I pull up file explorer and it says I only have the one drive.

Is it a new drive? you need to format it first for you to be able to see it, search for Disk Management in Windows and format your drive

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Try using EaseUS Partition manager... it also maybe in GPT when you want MBR.

I had the same thing with my Kingstons.

I had to turn off all power management and then edit the registry so that AHCI settings would show up in power management and then turn that off as well.  Check the bios and make sure that AHCI it turned on there..  and the turn it off in windows.  There are lots of guides if you google it.

oh... but first check it in disk manager ..  maybe there's a partition issue or no drive letter assigned etc.

18 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Is it a new drive? you need to format it first for you to be able to see it, search for Disk Management in Windows and format your drive

It’s brand new, I’ll make sure to format it