Rx580 refuses to boot not sure if this a gpu issue or psu issue or both

Slipdash

I’m rewriting this as a different post since I was so awful describing the issue last time. My Pc is having issues where it wouldn’t start no matter how much I try to restart pc, or reseat the card, or put in the power cable to the card. The fans for the graphics card would either start really loudly and then stop or quietly then stop. I don’t know weather If the card is dead or my psu is failing on me.

When the card was booting It was having issues where when I play a game the  graphics card fan gets really loud and stop showing signal on the monitor. I would have to do a hard reset whenever this happens. I have gotten no blue screens and whenever I got artifacts was only when the computer was booting and no other time and whenever it a did few seconds after that the fans would start running quickly again and I’d have to do another hard reset. When it booted I tried checked the temperature and at times it would go 50 idle after I stop playing a game.

Hopefully this makes more sense than last time I am awful at writing and even worse at

articulating things. 

Msi rx580 4gb

1tb hdd

16gb ram

i3 9100f

the power supply insignia 550watt bronze 

36 minutes ago, Slipdash said:

insignia 550watt bronze 

first warning sign here. I'm assuming this is the cheapest power supply you could find at best buy?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, InsufficientSleep said:

Any led lights like boot, vga, cpu, dram or postcodes it get's stuck on when it tries to start ?

I get lights

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

first warning sign here. I'm assuming this is the cheapest power supply you could find at best buy?

How did you know?

1 hour ago, muito_gostoso said:

can you try with another card?

Don’t have another card since it’s my first pc

4 hours ago, Slipdash said:

How did you know?

Those blue boxes and that $25 price tag make me cringe every time. 

Not gonna say it's definitely this, just gonna say I'm surprised if it's not related to this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Those blue boxes and that $25 price tag make me cringe every time. 

Not gonna say it's definitely this, just gonna say I'm surprised if it's not related to this.

Now that I think about it, no wonder why my power supply might be failing.

3 hours ago, InsufficientSleep said:

What light / code does it get stuck on and what mobo do you have ? 

Nvm It doesn’t do that anymore 

• 4 weeks later...

I got a new power supply and the gpu for sure is dead, stupid idea buying a card second hand like that.