PC auto restart .when i launch game 650 watt not enough?

RedHoodxD
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
7 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

what is the problem then ?  i order the new 750 w psu .although 650 w is recommended for gpu but my current corsair vs650w  is giving problem . 

No. You don't need more wattage.   Nobody said you needed more wattage.  Cancel that order for a 750W PSU.  You don't need to waste your money on a 750W PSU.

You could run that PC off a decent quality 450W.

I just said that the PSU is old.  Just because it was able to put out 650W with all of the voltages within spec, stably five years ago, doesn't mean it can still do it today.

People are pretty ignorant when it comes to PSUs.  People think because it turns on, it must be fine.  Or if it works with a lower load, that means they just need a higher wattage.

The graphics card could be faulty as well.  I mean.. if it works with the old card and not with the new one and the only difference is the card, it could be just the card is bad.

If you want to get a new PSU, just get something good (better than a VS), but lower wattage.  Something like a CX450.

Just got new 2070S . pc auto restart when game start (not on game menu)

i got 650Watt power supply corsair vs which is recommended gpu spces. 

cpu : r5 3600

ram : 8gb ram corsair 3200mhz

gpu ; 2070S

thx in advance 

4 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

gpu ; 2070S

thx in advance 

I am having the same problem and i think its my Power Supply as i replaced all of my other components.

18 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

I am having the same problem and i think its my Power Supply as i replaced all of my other components.

whats ur specs. ?

10 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

gpu ; 2070S

thx in advance 

Did the PC work fine with all of the same parts prior and the only thing you swapped out was the graphics card?

Make sure "automatically restart" is unchecked:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2621246/how-to-resolve-automatic-restarts-problem-when-windows-7-experiences-a

This says "Windows 7", but applies to Windows 10 as well.

Also:  How old is the VS?  What color is the side label?

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Did the PC work fine with all of the same parts prior and the only thing you swapped out was the graphics card?

Make sure "automatically restart" is unchecked:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2621246/how-to-resolve-automatic-restarts-problem-when-windows-7-experiences-a

This says "Windows 7", but applies to Windows 10 as well.

Also:  How old is the VS?  What color is the side label?

pc work fine with my old gtx 960 card . when i swapped the card with 2070s then the problem started .pc auto restart when i launch the game (not on game menu)

using VS orange psu like 4-5 years old lol.

33 minutes ago, RedHoodxD said:

pc work fine with my old gtx 960 card . when i swapped the card with 2070s then the problem started .pc auto restart when i launch the game (not on game menu)

using VS orange psu like 4-5 years old lol.

That's pretty old for a cheaper PSU like the VS.  Might want to change out the PSU, even though it might not be the problem.

4 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's pretty old for a cheaper PSU like the VS.  Might want to change out the PSU, even though it might not be the problem.

what is the problem then ?  i order the new 750 w psu .although 650 w is recommended for gpu but my current corsair vs650w  is giving problem . 

7 hours ago, RedHoodxD said:

No. You don't need more wattage.   Nobody said you needed more wattage.  Cancel that order for a 750W PSU.  You don't need to waste your money on a 750W PSU.

You could run that PC off a decent quality 450W.

I just said that the PSU is old.  Just because it was able to put out 650W with all of the voltages within spec, stably five years ago, doesn't mean it can still do it today.

People are pretty ignorant when it comes to PSUs.  People think because it turns on, it must be fine.  Or if it works with a lower load, that means they just need a higher wattage.

The graphics card could be faulty as well.  I mean.. if it works with the old card and not with the new one and the only difference is the card, it could be just the card is bad.

If you want to get a new PSU, just get something good (better than a VS), but lower wattage.  Something like a CX450.

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

They have a RTX2070 Super, which requires 8pin+6pin connectors. CX450 with its single 8pin PCIe connector wouldn't be suitable.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

They have a RTX2070 Super, which requires 8pin+6pin connectors. CX450 with its single 8pin PCIe connector wouldn't be suitable.

Ah... Good point.  CX450 should have two PCIe, but that "cost too much money".

The CX550 it is.  

Still doesn't need a freaking 750W PSU.

11 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ah... Good point.  CX450 should have two PCIe, but that "cost too much money".

The CX550 it is.  

Still doesn't need a freaking 750W PSU.

what about cx650 corsair will it work ? 80plus bronze 

1 hour ago, RedHoodxD said:

what about cx650 corsair will it work ? 80plus bronze 

More than enough.

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

More than enough.

ok i cancel the 750w 80 plus(white) cooler master and order the corsair cx 650w 80 plus bronze .