HELP- is this good? what should I change?

klapstok

Hey guys, 

Would be great if you could review my composition. 

All I want is and AMD Ryzen 5 3600 & the 2060 Super. This PC build is for gaming & normal university purposes.

I play Rust, League of Legends, Battlefield V,... 

Is everything fine? am I missing something? am I overpaying?

Total amount for everything listed is €1288 here in Belgium. assembly would be an additional €90.

I hear alot of people talking about the B450 board with BiOS update, is this an issue with my motherboard too? I guess not since its B450M? 

Will gladly hear all your thoughts, Thanks!

It's fine. You might need to flash the UEFI/BIOS or update the drivers for your CPU to work properly with it. I recommend getting a old spare CPU (like a Athlon 200GE) and then flashing the BIOS. However, if you get a fresh, new board, that shouldn't be a problem

TsmDan Studios and Computer Epicenter take absolutely no liability or responsibility for any damages caused by operation on your device. If you damage something, don't blame it on me. If I break something, it's not my fault.

WARNING: Opening a laptop will immediately void any warranty on that laptop

WARNING: Your price for Builds will increase twofold because of insurance

Looks good! If you want to save a bit you really don't need that CPU cooler because the one that comes with the 3600 is quite decent.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

I'd add a small Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 ssd to it...like $75 USD...install the games you are currently playing onto it.  Not needed if you don't play large open worlds games like DayZ, but I prefer to build for worst-case-scenarios ;)  You can save yourself money by buying a windows 10 license key for like $5 USD off fleabay for Windows 10 Pro...you can download and install Win 10 Pro from microsoft for free...just use the $5 key to activate it after you got it setup the way you like.  Also you don't need an expensive PSU..a 600w bronze is overkill really.  I'd not even get a spinney disk unless you just need the storage for music/movies/pictures.  Like already mentioned stock cooler is fine.

Just now, Adorable Cat said:

Looks good! If you want to save a bit you really don't need that CPU cooler because the one that comes with the 3600 is quite decent.

tru dat

TsmDan Studios and Computer Epicenter take absolutely no liability or responsibility for any damages caused by operation on your device. If you damage something, don't blame it on me. If I break something, it's not my fault.

1 minute ago, Stu_Bear said:

I'd add a small Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 ssd to it...

he's got the 1tb crucial ssd. sure, it's sata, but it has dram cache and it's enough for windows and games. samsung drives are overpriced.

1 minute ago, Stu_Bear said:

I'd add a small Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 ssd to it...like $75 USD...install the games you are currently playing onto it.  Not needed if you don't play large open worlds games like DayZ, but I prefer to build for worst-case-scenarios ;)  You can save yourself money by buying a windows 10 license key for like $5 USD off fleabay for Windows 10 Pro...you can download and install Win 10 Pro from microsoft for free...just use the $5 key to activate it after you got it setup the way you like.  Also you don't need an expensive PSU..a 600w bronze is overkill really.  I'd not even get a spinney disk unless you just need the storage for music/movies/pictures.

depends if you want to spend extra in a NVMe SSD. Not much difference unless you are the kind of person who MUST have 1 second Windows boot times and stuff like that.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€205.05 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9 Plus 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  (€33.98 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€101.05 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€73.90 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€164.96 @ Newegg Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€61.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (€54.94 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€77.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit  (€139.00 @ Azerty) 
Total: €912.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-16 17:23 CET+0100

tweaked it to make it better. 

thought on changing the GPU to a 5700xt perhaps?

Just now, boggy77 said:

he's got the 1tb crucial ssd. sure, it's sata, but it has dram cache and it's enough for windows and games. samsung drives are overpriced.

true dat

maybe I shouldn't say true dat AARGH I SAID IT AGAIN     

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I agree they are over priced.  Though that specific model I think is worth it cause it's great for running demanding open world games...like I mentioned if they don't play large open world games then it's not needed.

Just now, Stu_Bear said:

I agree they are over priced.  Though that specific model I think is worth it cause it's great for running demanding open world games...like I mentioned if they don't play large open world games then it's not needed.

it really wouldnt matter there either over any other decent NVMe drive. 

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

true dat

?

4 minutes ago, TsmDan_YT said:

depends if you want to spend extra in a NVMe SSD. Not much difference unless you are the kind of person who MUST have 1 second Windows boot times and stuff like that.

It's just cheap insurance for when playing demanding open world games like DayZ....I'd not use it as a boot drive...don't want the OS and games competing for IOPS.

12 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

would it be necessary in case i overlock? or isn't it needed overall

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the a pro max comes with ryzen 3000 ready bios so don't worry about that.

i think you're overpaying on PSU, you can get any of these instead:

Corsair TXM Gold

BitFenix Formula Gold

Corsair RMx (2018)

you're also overpaying on windows. you can find keys for cheap on ebay or other reseller sites.

I will look into that! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

I'd add a small Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 ssd to it...like $75 USD...install the games you are currently playing onto it.  Not needed if you don't play large open worlds games like DayZ, but I prefer to build for worst-case-scenarios ;)  You can save yourself money by buying a windows 10 license key for like $5 USD off fleabay for Windows 10 Pro...you can download and install Win 10 Pro from microsoft for free...just use the $5 key to activate it after you got it setup the way you like.  Also you don't need an expensive PSU..a 600w bronze is overkill really.  I'd not even get a spinney disk unless you just need the storage for music/movies/pictures.  Like already mentioned stock cooler is fine.

is 550W sufficient? I don't really mind waiting for something to start up so I guess this SSD should do the job? I'm actually coming from an Imac ( Geforce Now platform for gaming so anything is better haha)

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

the a pro max comes with ryzen 3000 ready bios so don't worry about that.

i think you're overpaying on PSU, you can get any of these instead:

Corsair TXM Gold

BitFenix Formula Gold

Corsair RMx (2018)

you're also overpaying on windows. you can find keys for cheap on ebay or other reseller sites.

Great! all of these 3 would be more than enough? even when overclocking?

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€205.05 @ Azerty) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9 Plus 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  (€33.98 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€73.90 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€164.96 @ Newegg Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€61.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (€54.94 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€77.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit  (€139.00 @ Azerty) 
Total: €912.72
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-16 17:23 CET+0100

tweaked it to make it better. 

thought on changing the GPU to a 5700xt perhaps?

I'll look into the 5700xt. I haven't don't that much research. Is it similar to the 2060S?

1 minute ago, klapstok said:

Is it similar to the 2060S?

faster in gaming, worse in stuff like Adobe and stream encoding. 

cost is usually similar. 

2 minutes ago, klapstok said:

Great! all of these 3 would be more than enough? even when overclocking?

yes, all those are enough.

the bitfenix and corsair rmx are better quality than the corsair rm you picked.

the txm is the same quality as the rm, but much cheaper.

2 minutes ago, klapstok said:

is 550W sufficient? I don't really mind waiting for something to start up so I guess this SSD should do the job? I'm actually coming from an Imac ( Geforce Now platform for gaming so anything is better haha)

According to pcpartpicker the system will draw 364w.  As long as your PSU is greater than that...it should work fine, but I'd add at least 150w just in case you decide later to upgrade CPU/GPU...so a 550w would be fine in your case.

I'll recommend something like this instead....

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€205.05 @ Azerty) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€86.94 @ Azerty) 
Storage: Patriot VPN100 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€156.05 @ Azerty) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (€455.90 @ Azerty) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€76.04 @ Azerty) 
Total: €1220.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-16 18:43 CET+0100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W