Please send the helpful gods.

DivinePhantom

Hey everyone, I'm having dual monitor setup issues and I've just had it. I miss my convenience with two monitors and had put up with it for atleast 5 months now. To save some trouble I'll copy pasta my computer specs, my two monitors in full detail, what I am experiencing for difficulties and what I have done for them. 

Computer Specifications.

• CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT - AMD RYZEN 9 3900X - BASE CLOCK 3.8GHz
  • GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNIT - NIVIDIA GEFORCE RTX GIGABYTE AORUS 2080TI - 11GB DEDICATED MEMORY - 1700 CLOCK SPEED
  • RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY - G.SKILL TRIDENT NEO - 2x16GB - 3600 CLOCK SPEED
  • DELL S-SERIES 27IN LED-LIT (S2719DGF) QHD 2560x1440 155Hz GAMING MONITOR
  • MOTHER BOARD - REPUBLIC OF GAMERS STRIX X570-E GAMING MOTHER BOARD.
  • CUSTOM WATER COOLING EKWB
  • ASUS VS247H-P 23.6" Full HD 1920x1080 2ms HDMI DVI VGA Monitor

As you can tell my main display is the DELL S-SERIES S2719DGF with a display port cable as my main setup. Then when I try and plug my secondary monitor, the ASUS VS247H-P into my GPU, my computer doesn't detect it for some odd reason. I have done my own troubleshooting but maybe I'm dumb as hell and/or maybe I'm missing something crucial. To be clear my Dell monitor has a DP cable and my ASUS has a HDMI cable. MY GPU has 4 DP inputs (if that's what I call those plugins) and 3 HDMI inputs. I have plugged both in at the same time and went to my display settings and hit the detect button with nothing promising. I then just went ahead to the start menu and hit restart. Computer restarts and the ASUS monitor has taken over everything! What I mean by that is the ASUS has now been detected but is being used as my primary monitor and my DELL monitor is no longer detected...?! I have repeated this process many times and have even shut off my computer doing so to plug in each one at different times and at the same time. Please send help.

If it starts up with the HDMI monitor, then you disconnect that monitor and plug in the DP monitor without turning the PC off, does the display switch to the DP monitor or show nothing at all?

Having hooked up a lot of similar multi-monitor setups from 2 to 4 monitors, it should be as simple as plugging things in and adjusting the display settings (extend displays, arrange monitors to correct view if needed).  If all the current drivers are installed and it's only detecting one at a time, even though the cables are good and working, it's possible the graphics card itself has a problem.  I had a similar problem once before and had to get a replacement graphics card in the end...

4 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

If it starts up with the HDMI monitor, then you disconnect that monitor and plug in the DP monitor without turning the PC off, does the display switch to the DP monitor or show nothing at all?

Having hooked up a lot of similar multi-monitor setups from 2 to 4 monitors, it should be as simple as plugging things in and adjusting the display settings (extend displays, arrange monitors to correct view if needed).  If all the current drivers are installed and it's only detecting one at a time, even though the cables are good and working, it's possible the graphics card itself has a problem.  I had a similar problem once before and had to get a replacement graphics card in the end...

Oh god please not the GPU... It costs 1,400 for this gpu so I'm hoping it's not that... And to your first question I'm not quite sure if the display even switches to DP and I do know it shows nothing at all.

4 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

Oh god please not the GPU... It costs 1,400 for this gpu so I'm hoping it's not that... And to your first question I'm not quite sure if the display even switches to DP and I do know it shows nothing at all.

I would also hope it's not the GPU, but if it is, Gigabyte has a 3-year warranty on these things, so in the worst case, you should be able to get a replacement.

You might also be able to get some help by contacting Nvidia.  Their support has been pretty decent in my experience.