[W7SP1 x64] sfc /scannow repeats fix

cracmeister

Hey I tried to install windows 10 now multiple times, and I don't want to clean install, because I don't want to setup all these programs again.
At around 90% of the installation process, I get the stopcode "critical process died". Research suggests that this could be fixed with sfc/scannow.
The PC reverted automatically to Windows 7 and I ran sfc /scannow. As the title says I get the result that sfc has successfully repaired damadged files.
The problem is even after that I can run sfc/scannow how often I want, everytime damadged files get repaired.

below is only a partial cbs.log, cause the full one was too big, tell me if you want the full one, so I can zip it or similar

Martin

CBS.log

Yeah this is why you don't do the upgrade process.

It's crap.

If it doesn't break your PC now, it will in a few months when it tries to install some windows update.

Go organize your stuff and make a list of programs to reinstall, then do a clean install the proper way instead of being lazy.

Maybe you don't remember but when windows 10 first came out and everyone was doing the upgrade there were tens of thousands of posts of people complaining about windows 10 not working properly or something or other, all of that is becuase of the upgrade.

If you want windows 10 to work as intended, clean install it, or else you're just delaying your issues.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Yeah this is why you don't do the upgrade process.

It's crap.

If it doesn't break your PC now, it will in a few months when it tries to install some windows update.

Go organize your stuff and make a list of programs to reinstall, then do a clean install the proper way instead of being lazy.

Maybe you don't remember but when windows 10 first came out and everyone was doing the upgrade there were tens of thousands of posts of people complaining about windows 10 not working properly or something or other, all of that is becuase of the upgrade.

If you want windows 10 to work as intended, clean install it, or else you're just delaying your issues.

yeah it seems that would be the best way to update. Hours wasted of doign reserach about this crap.

10 hours ago, cracmeister said:

yeah it seems that would be the best way to update. Hours wasted of doign reserach about this crap.

I did the upgrade 5 years ago, everything went fine, then one day months later windows update tried to install and my PC stopped booting.

Clean installed, never had a problem with windows 10 or the windows updates again.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020