Searching for CPU cooler

Hey guys and girls,

I am searching for a quiet cooler, because my rig is on my desk (Specs in my profile).

Basically i have not decided if i want to go for an AIO or with a tower cooler, I am open minded for all coolers.

My budget goes up to 125€ but cheaper options would be appreciated too.

I also got the two basic case fans that came with the case. If I have to replace them also to get a near silent operation they would also have to fit within my Budget.

I hope some of you have already more experience then me :)

Thanks for all advice

CPU: R5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

RAM: 2x8Gb Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060

Case: Cooler Master NR 600

What case are you using?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Cooler Master NR600 without the ODD

Don't go with water cooling because the pump makes noise. The noctua NH-U12S is a very quiet option, assuming you're cooling a tamer CPU. Link a pcpartpicker list so we can see your specs

5 minutes ago, theskeleti said:

Cooler Master NR600 without the ODD

Also be sure to quote us or use @nick nameso we can see your responses

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Scythe Fuma 2(50€) or something similar if you want a quiet cooler, also 100€+ to cool a 3600 is a waste of money, and that is true for most Ryzen CPUs as they don't really overclock that much and good air coolers can deal with them at stock without problems, the only reason to use a AIO with a Ryzen CPU is for the looks or cases where air coolers don't fit.

Max CPU cooler hight is given as 166mm

Idd go air. Thats mostly quieter than a AIO and with a decent one wont fail. Sice you have the $$ idd go with nice quality and thats noctua! or maybe bequiet.

According to spec NHD15 will fit and yeah is SUPER silent and awesome quality for 870-90 Bucks

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Don't go with water cooling because the pump makes noise. The noctua NH-U12S is a very quiet option, assuming you're cooling a tamer CPU. Link a pcpartpicker list so we can see your specs

Also be sure to quote us or use @nick nameso we can see your responses

So the D15 will fit with 1mm clearance according to specs. If thats to tight for you go with the U12S, like he recommended. Will also be quiet (more than a a AIO!!)

OK so I jsut put the most imporetant parts together @Metallus97 @nick name

So i was looking at the be quiet Dark Rock 4 Pro for 70€, is that a good option? I dont like the noctua brown and I am not willed to pay extra for Chrommax parts.

Should i also get Silent case fans then?  If so i would like to get them all from one brand

3 minutes ago, theskeleti said:

OK so I jsut put the most imporetant parts together @Metallus97 @nick name

So i was looking at the be quiet Dark Rock 4 Pro for 70€, is that a good option? I dont like the noctua brown and I am not willed to pay extra for Chrommax parts.

Should i also get Silent case fans then?  If so i would like to get them all from one brand

yeha decent cooler! Idd still go with noc Chromax bcs perf is a bit better but quiet is awesome to.

Although idd not use thier case fans. they have low pressure. Get the chromax noc fans. They are not that much more compared to the Silent wings

@Metallus97 I would go then with the Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black and what of their fans are you recommending? And where is the difference there?

1 minute ago, theskeleti said:

@Metallus97 I would go then with the Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black and what of their fans are you recommending? And where is the difference there?

The difference is in static pressure. The nocs can fight better against dust filters and stuff like that.

140: NF a14 Chromax

120: NFF12 chromax