Galaxy S4 - CyanogenMOD

TheTechGenius

Ok, I have just bought the Galaxy S4 brand new (AT&T - Unlocked), and I am thinking about flashing CM11.

A brief history first:

I have had all the Galaxy S series phones, from the S1 to the S4, and I have Always flashed CM as soon as I get home with the phones.

However, I wanted to ask the community before I flash CM this time.

Is CyanogenMod 11 stable enough for the S4? (Assuming CM11 is the latest build)

Is it nice and responsive?

Does all the main things work?

And how do you like it so far?

I have everything ready to flash, I am just waiting on a second opinion. 

Thanks. ;)

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

nightlies from Cyanogen are pretty damn stable from my and my friend's experience of using them. It's responsive, and everything SHOULD work. I don't like Cyanogen personally because there are better AOSP based rom's out there like Vanir, Omni, Carbon, etc.

CM11 is very stable, even nightly updates. If you have 4.3 on your S4 and you install CM11, you will void warranty if you have Android 4.3 on Samsung device.  A new security witch is impossible to break at the moment, not even triangle away will work. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

I am using the Snapshot M2 it seems pretty stable (M3 is out I believe)

M3 is out. Saw it on their Facebook today. 

COMIC SANS

I feel that CM is a great way to get "immersed" into the AOSP world; however, I wouldn't use it as a "keep forever" ROM because there are much better alternatives there, just like _ASSASSIN_ said.

Everything should be working fine the way it is now.

Personally, my favorite ROM right now is SlimKat.

I have been using CM for a few weeks now after using PACMAN rom and have been really enjoying it just seems to 'work' better surprising being a nightly release, not sure i felt the jump from 4.2 to 4.4 though.

CM11 is very stable, even nightly updates. If you have 4.3 on your S4 and you install CM11, you will void warranty if you have Android 4.3 on Samsung device.  A new security witch is impossible to break at the moment, not even triangle away will work. 

I have a USB JIG, so that should work fine. But the phone is out of contract anyway, but I do have insurance on it though. 

I have a USB JIG, so that should work fine. But the phone is out of contract anyway, but I do have insurance on it though. 

If your off contract and insurance is covered even if you flash CM11 then ya, go for it. CM11 is a awesome rom. You may still get a knox boot loader on the top left of the screen when you boot with CM flashed on it, IDK much about USB JIG. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

If your off contract and insurance is covered even if you flash CM11 then ya, go for it. CM11 is a awesome rom. You may still get a knox boot loader on the top left of the screen when you boot with CM flashed on it, IDK much about USB JIG. 

A USB JIG forces Galaxy S Series Phones into download mode when the button combo doesn't work, so you can always recover the phone from a Soft-Brick, and it also removes the Flash Counter from the phone so the company doesn't know you flashed a custom ROM.

I know it works with the S1 to S3, but I haven't tried it with the S4 yet.

A USB JIG forces Galaxy S Series Phones into download mode when the button combo doesn't work, so you can always recover the phone from a Soft-Brick, and it also removes the Flash Counter from the phone so the company doesn't know you flashed a custom ROM.

I know it works with the S1 to S3, but I haven't tried it with the S4 yet.

if the S4 has 4.3 or newer, a USB JIG will not save you from tripping knox. 

LINK to XDA users discussing the use of a JIG on S4 with knox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447832&page=45

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

if the S4 has 4.3 or newer, a USB JIG will not save you from tripping knox. 

LINK to XDA users discussing the use of a JIG on S4 with knox: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447832&page=45

I have just read that thread. That is crazy, Samsung is beginning to be assholes with their hardware. And I wasn't even going to buy the S4 just because you can't unlock the bootloader (Due to Samsung). That right there tells me a lot about the S4, and the way samsung is going with it. If samsung keeps this up, I won't be buying another Samsung phone. 

I have just read that thread. That is crazy, Samsung is beginning to be assholes with their hardware. And I wasn't even going to buy the S4 just because you can't unlock the bootloader (Due to Samsung). That right there tells me a lot about the S4, and the way samsung is going with it. If samsung keeps this up, I won't be buying another Samsung phone. 

Unless you have the i337m model witch has a unlocked bootloader, I know this cause i have that model my self. maybe someone ( HACKER) found a way to unlock the loader by now on the AT& T model.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

There are people working on that bootloader unlock, i cant seem to find any working methods for AT& T model on the net yet.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS