Should I buy the s10e?

Seb1337

Hey yall currently I own a Galaxy A8 2018- https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a8_(2018)-ampp-8886.php

We've got some nice prices here for the s10e and I'm not sure if I should buy it. 

I use my phone to watch youtube ( quite a lot tbh) browse facebook groups and instagram for memes watch some livestreams on Twitch sometimes use Spotify Gmail and Discord and sometimes I play Terraria (the only game I play on a phone really) 

Would you think that it is worth it to upgrade? I don't have any problem with my current phone other than the battery starting to show its "age"

Reasons I choose the s10e

-Good price

-Compact phone ( s10 feels too big for me)

-An actual good camera that is stabilized records in 60fps and also 4k

-Latest specs

-Possibility of getting newer android versions 

It's honestly quite small for today's standards so if you consume a lot of content, which you said you did, I'd look at least for the standard S10 or even the Plus. 

Edit: oh well, just read that you want a compact phone. In that case, go for it, it's amazing. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 hour ago, Seb1337 said:

Hey yall currently I own a Galaxy A8 2018- https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a8_(2018)-ampp-8886.php

We've got some nice prices here for the s10e and I'm not sure if I should buy it. 

I use my phone to watch youtube ( quite a lot tbh) browse facebook groups and instagram for memes watch some livestreams on Twitch sometimes use Spotify Gmail and Discord and sometimes I play Terraria (the only game I play on a phone really) 

Would you think that it is worth it to upgrade? I don't have any problem with my current phone other than the battery starting to show its "age"

-Good price

-Latest specs

It's a solid phone, although if you don't mind buying new, remember that Samsung is introducing new Galaxy S phones on February 11th (although they likely won't ship until a few weeks later).  IIRC there should be a smaller model if the leaks are right, although it may have a slightly larger screen.

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

S10e is wonderful

For its size its got powerful SD855, wireless charging, headphone jack, microsd slot, and is still IP68

Basically the epitome of compact phones

Depends on where they live. Only the US and a few other variants have the SD855  and considering that all variants cost the same price it's hard to recommend any Exynos variant over a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro or a OP7. I had the exact same dilemma and wanted a compact device but I ended up getting a OP7, which had way better specs for much cheaper.

11 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How much is a brand new OP7?

I got mine brand new for $450, which is about $100 less, and it has twice more storage and 2GB of extra RAM, so that's better specs. Considering that the S10e might have a less powerfull Exynos SoC, and that the OP has a better OS support, I can live with the bigger screen size and buy a $100 pair of bluetooth headphones.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, Seb1337 said:

-Good price

-Latest specs

Old post but you hadn't marked it solved yet, so I'll throw my two cents in and say the S10e is a solid phone. The wife has one and she is brutal to her devices, and the thing runs like a champ. She's on it 24/7 and it powers through everything with relative ease. The new round of Samsung devices, if nothing else, may sway prices so if you can hold out you may catch a sale.

Or this post means nothing to you anymore, in which case disregard everything I just said :)

5 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Old post but you hadn't marked it solved yet, so I'll throw my two cents in and say the S10e is a solid phone. The wife has one and she is brutal to her devices, and the thing runs like a champ. She's on it 24/7 and it powers through everything with relative ease. The new round of Samsung devices, if nothing else, may sway prices so if you can hold out you may catch a sale.

Or this post means nothing to you anymore, in which case disregard everything I just said :)

Replying from s10e haha bought it yesterday Teal Green 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:28 PM, Seb1337 said:

-Good price

-Latest specs

I wouldn’t buy a flagship android outside of its launch year. Samsung only supports phones for 2 years, sometimes only 18 months before they only get kicked security updates when absolutely necessary. Wait and see what they launch this year.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?