Help with buying laptop which outputs to 240hz External Display

Hello,

I am going to buy a laptop next week, which is the acer predator helios 300 with 1660 ti and i7 9th gen, i already bought an benq xl2546 monitor, now someone tells me the laptop can not run the monitor at 240hz is this true? i thought since the laptop has mini displayport, So shouldn't it support the monitor?

if this laptop doesn't support it can someone suggest me a alternate laptop with similar spec?

(can't get a desktop, so stuck with a laptop)

here is the Link to the laptop in my local online store 

with the right cable it will run the monitor.  You'll want a mini DP to DP cable.

Will it run AAA games at 240FPS, no.  The hardware isn't powerful enough.  CSGO and other FPS games will be good with the right settings.

Why are people on tom's hardware saying that the gpu is a mobile gpu and does not output more than 60hz even though it has mini displayport?

3 minutes ago, Ratan Servegar said:

Why are people on tom's hardware saying that the gpu is a mobile gpu and does not output more than 60hz even though it has mini displayport?

No idea.  The Helios even has a 144hz screen.  It can do more than 60hz.

When you get your parts together and set everything up, windows will show it as another display, just like any other computer.  You can use the nvidia software to set up your resolution and you should be good to go.