Google and Foxconn team up to automate manufacturing processes.

HutchisonSorbo

Welcome to life. Supply and demand and profit are things. If companies can save money, they will. Life isn't anything close to fair, the sooner you learn that lesson the better off you'll be.

Stuff like that happens all over the world, in every sector. You pick up, adapt, move on to something else.

Does it suck? Yup. It does.

Eventually lot of jobs are going to cease to exist because of automation or improvements, and the world will have to completely rethink it's structure.

Yeah I already knew it I was just voicing my opinion thats all :) and It seems a bit far-fetched to me but hopefully like you said there may be a structure change and things might change for the better.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 (4.2GHZ OC) EK-Supremacy EVO AMD RGB - Nickel+Plexi | MB:Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7

GPU EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked | Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Corsair RM850i | Boot Drive: Intel 760P 512GB | Game Storage: Intel 660P 1TB | Storage Drive: WD Blue 4TB | Logitech G810 | Logitech G502 (Proteus core) | Pioneer VSX-520K+ 4x Wharfedale Crystal 40 Standing Speakers 150W 4ohm | Logitech G933

Yeah I already knew it I was just voicing my opinion thats all :) and It seems a bit far-fetched to me but hopefully like you said there may be a structure change and things might change for the better.

Haha, I think we'll both be long dead before the world is really a better place and works together for betterment of the species than for profit of a few.

Sad, really :(

I bet we'd be able to do advanced space travel hundreds of years sooner.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Exactly! I don't understand why people are so upset about their wages.

Cost of living is a thing, and if they're making a very reasonable wage based on what their costs are, how is that a bad thing?

It's like everyone assumes that it costs the same in Taiwan as it does in their North American neighborhood.

It's a shame that they're going to lose their jobs, but honestly that's the way the future is going. More automation. You can't blame a company for looking for cost savings. A companys sole purpose is to make money.

If it's not profitable, there's no point in it existing.

well things are not so nice as you think... it depends on what do you define as living cost... with that wage of 14$ can they purchase their everydays meals? humm I suppose yes.

but what is the quality, quantity and variety of those meals they can purchase?

what are the general conditions they live in... for example is their house the same as a US workers house?

Can they purchase an Iphone? :P

Can they go to theater?

Can they buy clothing to their children as an american worker (on a same field) can ?

Can they safe for having a pention?

Can they affort to have a treatment? or to fix their problems in their vision or to fix a dental problem and in general things that are not lifethretening but impact the quality of life greatly?

Can they make dreams of buying something that is not a necessety but still would be greate to have? like a car for example?

so its not they same thing just because they get paid enough to survive and the live cost to survive is cheaper than the live cost to survive in the US (by that I mean the cost of rice and meat once a month and ONLY that -which may be more expensive in the US never the less- ) doesnt mean that things are good for them.

well things are not so nice as you think... it depends on what do you define as living cost... with that wage of 14$ can they purchase their everydays meals? humm I suppose yes.

-snip-

While some of those may be true I take issue with others. Theaters, iphones, cars even are luxury items. There are lots of American (as a first world example) workers that work 2 jobs and can't even afford those things.

Same with non essential medical services. I would almost make the argument that, with private health care, those are worse in the US.

The quality of food and housing I can't speak to.

It's an interesting balance. On the one hand, they have a job. Which is marginally better than having no job at all. Hard to say which they'd rather have.

Obviously they'd prefer to get paid a lot, wouldn't we all.

Simple fact is that if they were to demand more money, a lot of the big corporations would simply move to another country as has been proven time and time again.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Not a bad idea. It's not like the people there were happy with their jobs anyway

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

While some of those may be true I take issue with others. Theaters, iphones, cars even are luxury items. There are lots of American (as a first world example) workers that work 2 jobs and can't even afford those things.

Same with non essential medical services. I would almost make the argument that, with private health care, those are worse in the US.

The quality of food and housing I can't speak to.

It's an interesting balance. On the one hand, they have a job. Which is marginally better than having no job at all. Hard to say which they'd rather have.

Obviously they'd prefer to get paid a lot, wouldn't we all.

Simple fact is that if they were to demand more money, a lot of the big corporations would simply move to another country as has been proven time and time again.

Of course some of those question I made simply served to empahsize the difference that exist I wont get into the details because matters are complicated enough

my point is though that every human being should have a basic quality of life a humane life... especially if in particualar a person works hard for hours (those people in asia dont have 8 hour clocks with brakes etc they work like animals atleast 10 hours a day)

And I am not satisfied by the idea of accepting the things as they currently are... could a corporation move elsewere to exploit other people if the people of the country the corporation is corrently located at demand the obvious? yes they could and they did and they will do so in the future... Do I consider this action acceptable ? Certainly NOT its a human right crime a big pyramid scheme that we all endorse with our actions or if you like with the apsence of our actions (by being neutral and still purchasing an iphone -or whatever doesnt matter- at 800$ knowing that 780$ are getting into the fat cats pockets and not into the workers that actually worked to produce it.)

Haha, I think we'll both be long dead before the world is really a better place and works together for betterment of the species than for profit of a few.

Sad, really :(

I bet we'd be able to do advanced space travel hundreds of years sooner.

Ok dizzy lets make a deal... if either of us invent time travel and sort this shit out in future we'll travel back in time and post on this page letting ourselves know that we did it and we Fricking Rule. posting time will be on the friday 15th Feb 2014 @12pm (UTC -08:00) Pacific Time.

... i'll be waiting.  B)

Edit: Also, Space Travel will be somthing I wished I would get to see the human race achieve.

Edited by Viddiecent
Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 (4.2GHZ OC) EK-Supremacy EVO AMD RGB - Nickel+Plexi | MB:Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7

GPU EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked | Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Corsair RM850i | Boot Drive: Intel 760P 512GB | Game Storage: Intel 660P 1TB | Storage Drive: WD Blue 4TB | Logitech G810 | Logitech G502 (Proteus core) | Pioneer VSX-520K+ 4x Wharfedale Crystal 40 Standing Speakers 150W 4ohm | Logitech G933

Ok dizzy lets make a deal... if either of us invent time travel and sort this shit out in future we'll travel back in time and post on this page letting ourselves know that we did it and we Fricking Rule. posting time will be on the friday 15th Feb 2014 @12pm (UTC -08:00) Pacific Time.

... i'll be waiting.  B)

Edit: Also, Space Travel will be somthing I wished I would get to see the human race achieve.

I would totally be a guinea pig for advanced space travel! Though I could see it turning into something like Pandora which would be absolutely terrifying.

Time travel would only work if you figured it out, came back and got me, and then we traveled back again together...my time would continue on as it is now, and the one you travel to would be the one that changed ;)

Oh the joys of parallel universes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I would totally be a guinea pig for advanced space travel! Though I could see it turning into something like Pandora which would be absolutely terrifying.

Time travel would only work if you figured it out, came back and got me, and then we traveled back again together...my time would continue on as it is now, and the one you travel to would be the one that changed ;)

Oh the joys of parallel universes.

Pandora as in this? lolAvatar_pandora_20100423_1002530700.jpg

Spoiler

Pandora as in this? lol

Ahhh, no. Pandorum, my mistake. A ship filled with things like this.

pandorum_13.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

The demand for labor jobs will get lower with the advancement of technology. It happened before, and it will keep happening.

I think the long term solution for this issue is a lower cost, and better education system that will give more people the background they need to get a job in the new world, the rest will have a job in labor, the amount of people that would have no choice but to work at these type of jobs will go down along side with the decrease in demand (not perfect, but the only solution I see here)

I know I'm over-simplifying things, and may not be fully accurate (I never studied economics, it's just how I see it logically), but it's the best way to give more people the chance.