Will my Corsair CX430M be enough?

Kelloggs2800

I have recently been wanting to upgrade my computer. I have not done this for many years so all the new components are making me wonder if I can reuse some of my current parts and one is my power supply (Corsair CX430M).

These are the main parts I am looking to get:

Motherboard - MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Socket AM4 Dual Channel DDR4, PCIe 3.0, 2xM.2 USB 3.1, HDMI, DP, WIFI, RGB ATX
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G GDDR6
Memory - Still deciding but I am not sure if it will matter too much. If it does I am leaning towards Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Storage - Still debating over using my current WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm sata hard drive or upgrading to m.2 (any thoughts?)

That is the main stuff. I am going to possibly upgrade the fans to have RGB as well. I am not sure if there is something else that is needed to be known so I hope I gave enough info.

I personally would recommend increasing your PSU to a minimum of 500W, others may have more idea but for all my builds I always do a minimum of 500w, I dont use it? fine, I need it, it's there.

My current build I think has a 750w, always better to go above then under.

2600X

16 minutes ago, Kelloggs2800 said:

I have recently been wanting to upgrade my computer. I have not done this for many years so all the new components are making me wonder if I can reuse some of my current parts and one is my power supply (Corsair CX430M).

These are the main parts I am looking to get:

Motherboard - MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Socket AM4 Dual Channel DDR4, PCIe 3.0, 2xM.2 USB 3.1, HDMI, DP, WIFI, RGB ATX
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G GDDR6
Memory - Still deciding but I am not sure if it will matter too much. If it does I am leaning towards Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Storage - Still debating over using my current WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200rpm sata hard drive or upgrading to m.2 (any thoughts?)

That is the main stuff. I am going to possibly upgrade the fans to have RGB as well. I am not sure if there is something else that is needed to be known so I hope I gave enough info.

430w is pretty much more than enough for a 1660ti& 2600x rig, even with 3-4 fans& HDD-s. If the PSU is in good condition, not very old, there is zero reason to change it now.

Later you can, if you want. 400-450w will be perfectly sufficient for your system!

see the attached pic, what a calculator says (these typically over-estimate the real consumption by a ~10% margin). You'll even have overclocking headroom..

Névtelen.png

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

The PSU is about 6 years old but it has never been under stress. I have it powering a CORE I3 with 4GB DDR3 memory and no GPU (using integrated video card). I new it was a bit overkill for the system I have now but it was my first build and it was a really good deal for it at the time.  I bought everything with the plans of upgrading at the time but never did and now I was worried it would be no good.

9 minutes ago, Kelloggs2800 said:

The PSU is about 6 years old but it has never been under stress. I have it powering a CORE I3 with 4GB DDR3 memory and no GPU (using integrated video card). I new it was a bit overkill for the system I have now but it was my first build and it was a really good deal for it at the time.  I bought everything with the plans of upgrading at the time but never did and now I was worried it would be no good.

it would be fine. Though later you might want to change it to something more contemporary, with DC-DC switch, gold efficiency, low ripple levels and quality components. But it's not that urgent

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )