Hey there!

Just helping a friend find the best option for a new monitor. He has a budget gaming rig with a 1050ti, a Pentium G4620 and 8gb of RAM. He currently has an old 4:3 ratio monitor which isn't great with newer games, so he's looking to invest in a new 1080p one. I've been using 1440p for a long while now, so I am not really up to date with what is considered good in the 1080p selection. He's not really a focused gamer, he plays all sorts of stuff from MMOs to demanding modern titles. He doesn't play shooters too much, so the high frequency is not a must, but is nice to have if it doesn't sacrifice on other aspects of the monitor.

Ideally, an option in the 100-150 CAD, 150-200 CAD and 200-250 CAD ranges each, would be great to have some options. So far what I've tracked down myself is SCEPTRE E248W-19203S for the 100-150 CAD range and the slightly over budget ViewSonic VX2458-C-MHD for the high range, so I'd love to see either alternative suggestions or a suggestion for the middle range.  As you might tell from the canadian dollars, he lives in canada, so I'm primarily looking at Canadian amazon and newegg, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thank you very much for any responses!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X

Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) Kingston HyperX Fury Black RGB 3200MHz

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W

Case: NZXT H440

SSD: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot Drive); 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Primary Game Drive). 1,5TB total SSD storage.

HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM; 4TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM. 7TB total HDD storage.