How can I shoot a proper sunset timelapse

Hello, 

Hopefully this is the right category for my question... My question is can you give me any advice or youtube guide on how to shoot a proper sunset timelapse. Also if there is any guide you think is good on how to edit it in LRTimelapse I would also appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance. 

13 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Hello, 

Hopefully this is the right category for my question... My question is can you give me any advice or youtube guide on how to shoot a proper sunset timelapse. Also if there is any guide you think is good on how to edit it in LRTimelapse I would also appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance. 

depend on th envitonment makes sure to shoot it from top of there were plenty of building.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

21 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Thanks in advance. 

You shooting stills and pasting together, or shooting video?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Some general advice:

- Find a spot that gives you a great view of the sunset (unobstructed, no people to run in front of your camera etc).

- Place your camera in a fixed position, make sure it doesn't move (tripod), make sure not to touch it once it is set up.

- Use a timer to take a picture every few minutes.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

- Set up your camera on a tripod with an intervalometer

- Once you've composed your frame, switch the camera to manual focus and exposure. If you're not using a fully open aperture you'll want to trigger the iris and lock it in place by slightly detaching the lens (this will help eliminate flicker).

- Start shooting your time-lapse with image review on so you can monitor the results, ideally with a histogram visible to check exposure

- As the light diminishes increase the shutter speed one step at a time until you reach a reasonable maximum for what you're shooting

- After reaching the maximum shutter speed start increasing ISO one step at a time

- Edit in LRTimelapse or other

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/02/how-to-shoot-and-edit-a-holy-grail-timelapse-at-sunset-or-sunrise/

https://www.learntimelapse.com/time-lapse-exposure-avoiding-flicker-and-dragging-shutter/

23 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

You shooting stills and pasting together, or shooting video?

Stills

21 hours ago, harryk said:

- Set up your camera on a tripod with an intervalometer

- Once you've composed your frame, switch the camera to manual focus and exposure. If you're not using a fully open aperture you'll want to trigger the iris and lock it in place by slightly detaching the lens (this will help eliminate flicker).

- Start shooting your time-lapse with image review on so you can monitor the results, ideally with a histogram visible to check exposure

- As the light diminishes increase the shutter speed one step at a time until you reach a reasonable maximum for what you're shooting

- After reaching the maximum shutter speed start increasing ISO one step at a time

- Edit in LRTimelapse or other

https://petapixel.com/2018/08/02/how-to-shoot-and-edit-a-holy-grail-timelapse-at-sunset-or-sunrise/

https://www.learntimelapse.com/time-lapse-exposure-avoiding-flicker-and-dragging-shutter/

Yep, this is what I wanted...Hopefully I can learn this in 2 hours before the sun sets?