Mid-tower case opinions/experiences

f_X

Hi, I am looking for a mid-tower case with good airflow at around 100 euros or less (Netherlands) that is not too big (<= 50x50x20ish cm) or too heavy (<=10 Kg). I don't care about aesthetics, RGB, tempered glass, etc. I plan to install an i7-9700K and a nonblower RTX 2080 ti. The PSU will probably be the Corsair TX750M. I have kind of narrowed my options to:

- Phanteks Eclipse P400A
- Cooler Master MasterBox NR600
- Fractal Design Meshify C
- SilverStone RL06
- Corsair Obsidian 450D

All of them sport a mesh front panel, so my main concern is the amount of dust coming into the case through the intake fan(s) and if it could damage the components inside. The first two cases don't use a separate dust filter, the next two seem to use a fine meshed filter behind the front panel, and the last one seems to use a not-so-fine mesh filter. My second concern is how much noticeable noise they produce with their stock fans. I have checked several reviews already and while they do cover my second point to some extent, they do not address the first one, so I would like to have more opinions, especially from users of these cases. Alternatives are also welcome. Thanks in advance!

46 minutes ago, f_X said:

the next two seem to use a fine meshed filter behind the front panel

As a side note, The Meshify C actually uses a foam filter, the RL06 uses the ultra fine filter. 

The bold cases have mesh front panels, cases are divided into Airflow +build quality, vs Airflow or build quality. Some of these cases might not be directly available in The Netherlands, but might be able to be imported from other parts of the EU.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/

Fractal Design Meshify C, Meshify S2

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG, Phanteks P600S, P400A

Silverstone RL06, PM01

Coolermaster H500P Mesh, H500M

Lian Li PC-O11 Air (beware restrictive dust filter)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fractal Design Define S2/Define R6/Define C

NZXT H700 (i version for NZXT fan hub and RGB lighting)

Corsair 460x/500D/570x/220T, 275R Airflow

Coolermaster SL600M

Thermaltake View 71, Commander C31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

Phanteks Evolv X

Lian Li PC-O11D

Cooler Master Master Case Pro 5, MC500, H500

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks for your reply and your side note. The foam filter may be a factor that makes the Meshify C get slightly higher temperatures than the RL06 in reviews.

I don't know how long your willing to wait but Lian Li showcased a Mesh version of their Lancool II at CES.  I have the non-mesh Lancool II and it is an amazing case.  Easy to build in and all steel construction.