Weird PC behaviour - blinking leds, cannot update

Hey guys!

We need a help from you. We built a new PC including these components: Ryzen 3700x (with generic cooler), 2x8 GB DDR4, Asus Prime X570-P, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W, SSD + HDD probably 2 months ago.

During this time a friend of mine started experiencing weird problems. I will list some of them. Random CPU fan speed increasing, CPU temp during idle jumping 30-50°C, RGB leds of rams and fans flikering (mostly during high load such as rendering a video but not only),  unability to update Windows, unability to download anything from Microsoft Store, Random disappearing of antivirus program, ...

At first I thought it could be some kind of a malicious program but we tried multiple antivirus/antimalware programs and they found nothing. Then Windows was reinstalled but the problems persisted. Installation of drivers did not help. We tried to locate the source of the problem but were not successful. The last thing I wanted to try was completely reformat disks with GParted and do a fresh installation of Windows but some other problems appeared.

When trying to boot GParted from live usb it just fails in a interesting way. I am attaching some images for clarification. First screen with the menu appears correctly but after that it just glitches. We tried multiple USB sticks, USB ports, monitors, cables DP/HDMI, versions of GParted, programs for creating live USB, updating BIOS, versions of GParted, failsafe mode, reseating RAMS but the result is always the same.

We are desperate. The only thing that comes to mind is a faulty RAM or motherboard. But we have no way of trying another MB.

Thank you for any suggestions!

IMG_20200105_154021.jpg

IMG_20200105_154037.jpg

IMG_20200105_154102.jpg

IMG_20200105_155017.jpg

2 minutes ago, matus177 said:

RGB leds of rams and fans flikering (mostly during high load such as rendering a video but not only

sounds like a power problem to me?

though the 650w should be enough, do you know if you're missing some newer drivers?

4 minutes ago, matus177 said:

CPU temp during idle jumping 30-50°C

this could just be the monitoring software that's wierd, my idle temp is at 45° but my gaming load temp is at 60°-65° and during idle it can do some jumps in temp for no reason though since it's not high it shouldn't be a problem.

About the screen flickering, it looks like the same problem that happened at my work with one of our computers, excpt in our case the entire monitor was flashing different colours very fast, we belived it to be a heating issue since the small pc (Intel NUC) was uncomfortable to rest your hand on and it would hurt if you left it on it for more than 3 seconds.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, flashiling said:

sounds like a power problem to me?

though the 650w should be enough, do you know if you're missing some newer drivers?

Yes, it does. But I kinda doubt that the PSU is faulty. I do not think that if that was the case it could cause the other problems. (

We tried installing new drivers from original sites for multiple components but there was no improvement.