The cpu is stuck to the Mobo

Very carefuly push it out. the heatspreader is caught on the closing lid.
Maybe put a dry clean cloth between the mobo and PCU to save the pins. ;)

Where the arrows are you can see its wedged.

Screenshot_29.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

just looks like thermal paste has it stuck to the hinge, you should be able to pry it off. Just mind the pins in the socket.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Mr. Confused said:

Any one have any ideas? I’m desperate.

60002614375__60D6E71D-DB46-471F-ACCB-25037DC0A0B2.MOV

You should just be able to push it out. I'd apply pressure to the heat spreader side and hold the closing lid in place.

Two VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO AVOID!

- What ever you do, DO NOT make any contact with the socket pins. Dont let anything touch them!

- Generally avoid touching the bottom side of the CPU itself. If you have to catch it in your hand, no big deal. Consider carefully cleaning the lands/pads on the underside of the CPU if they do make contact with your skin.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

Place socket guard in place (so falling CPU wouldn't damage it) oh, it's placed on the bracket ... just carefully, holding the CPU by your other hand, push the CPU out of bracket, it's just glued in place by dried TIM.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Thank you everyone for responding really fast. I have tried pushing it out but with no luck. Fasauceome said it is thermal paste so I will use iso 91 percent alcohol to try to clean it. My specs are 

MSi mpg z390m gaming edge ac mobo

nvida 2070 super

i7 9700k

16 gigs ram Corsair vengeance lpx 

nzxt h500

Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

I used a decent amount of strength, should I try using more?

If you have one I'd also set another CPU in the socket to protect the pins from the old one falling into the socket once it comes loose, damaging the pins.
You can also simply remove the holddown it's stuck to and remove it with the CPU from the board itself by removing the two star screws that holds it in place. This way you eliminate any possibility of the CPU hitting the pins while working.

In fact would probrably be best to remove it and work with it that way.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Confused said:

I'd say push harder. You could try applying the force to just one side if pushing right in the middle doesn't work.

If you want to send us a close up of the CPU socket afterwards, we should be able to tell you if the socket and pins themselves are okay.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

5 minutes ago, Mr. Confused said:

If you make sure you just pushing on the metal parts, you can put a pretty amount of force on there.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

You run a chance of deforming the holddown by simply pressing on it hard, esp if doing that to just one side.

If you were to remove it with the CPU you could take a small piece of paper, fold it two or three times so it's right at or just smaller than the CPU lid and place the CPU face-down onto it using a flat surface such as a table.

Simply press down on the holddown itself along the sides where it's stuck and if it's going to come loose it will.

Eliminates the risk of pins getting damaged and you'll be able to use as much force as you'll need by pressing downward. Be sure you're careful in not deforming the holddown itself, I'd press down equally on both sides at the same time if you do that.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

The cpu is sticking out at an angle. Putting it flat down on a table will not work. Should i take it to a micro center or bestbuy geek squad. I did purchase the cpu from best buy

image.jpg

Take it to Best Buy/Geek Squad and let them get it out for you.

I am taking it to geek squad. Hopefully all turns out well. Thank you all for your ideas and help

The cpu is caught in the metal of the socket that keeps it down ... that's most likely the problem.

image.png.e15c89e156ce095bedd0dfb4624626d0.png

Raise the retainer clip, and put some paper napkins or towel or something over the socket pins so you wont drop something on the pins by accident

With the retainer bracket in the air, put some pressure (press with your finger) where the arrow near the [1] is, so that the right side of the cpu will be a bit out of the metal frame. Now, you'll want to push the cpu sideways (from left to right in the picture, at number [2]) so that the lip of the metal bracket will come out from under the cpu heatsink (the metal cap)

You can try using a thin flathead screwdriver or the tip of a thin knife between the metal frame of the socket and the cpu, I would say right where that first arrow is on the left side, between the metal and the organic substrate of the cpu.

Use the screwdriver/knife tip like a crowbar, for example try gently twisting it, you want to push the cpu to the right and get that metal frame out from under the cpu heatsink.

All this time, you want a bit of downwards pressure on the other side of the cpu, so that the edge of the cpu on the other side is out of the metal frame... otherwise you're pushing from left to right but you'd be pushing the cpu into the metal frame on the right, so you'd feel like nothing is working.

DO NOT put a towel over the socket! You will grab a cpu pin and break it most likely. A piece of paper or smooth cardboard, but not a cloth of any kind!

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit