Automerge.

Can we add in double post auto merge??

That would be a nifty forum feature.

AFAIK it would need to be done from IPS side of things. And they don't fix stuff usually.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Meh was just an idea, thanks for the response.

48 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Meh was just an idea, thanks for the response.

I'm just remembering if it has been suggested before or not. Forum should have short timer to prevent double posts that come from network issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Automerging isn't turned on, because there are legitimate reasons why someone might make multiple posts close together. For preventing posts being accidentally submitted twice, there are a number of countermeasures in place that are supposed to prevent that from happening - how often are you seeing that?

HTTP/2 203

Well I can make a post right now.

Then decide in a few seconds to type this then hit reply.

I think we have the timer set to 10 seconds yes?

EDIT

OK no more triple posting, 

Me being the user I am, tend to just jump into the chat box vs hitting edit sometimes while my post may take 20 to 60 seconds (or more) and no one else has responded in between that time.

It'll help people like me not to clutter up the threads lol. 

Why not just edit the post, rather than relying on the forum to do it for you even if you don't want it to?

HTTP/2 203

As you wish sir.

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Why not just edit the post, rather than relying on the forum to do it for you even if you don't want it to?

Only reason I could see wanting this is because whenever I try and edit a post and I want to quote someone during the edit, it will never let me. It will only let me make a new post.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

Only reason I could see wanting this is because whenever I try and edit a post and I want to quote someone during the edit, it will never let me. It will only let me make a new post.

If you're on PC you can do it by quoting the user to put it in the draft text box, then right click the quote box and select "Copy". Then edit your post and paste it in.

AFAIK you can't do it on mobile since you can't select & copy the box.\

Edit: See, I can use it to quote myself

Just now, Spotty said:

If you're on PC you can do it by quoting the user to put it in the draft text box, then right click the quote box and select "Copy". Then edit your post and paste it in.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Still automerge Might be helpful. I'd bet 90% of these people are mobile anyways .....

Gah there I go and not alone. OMG.

23 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Still automerge Might be helpful. I'd bet 90% of these people are mobile anyways .....

I think people who don't edit their posts are either just lazy or more used to FB/Reddit than this older style of discussion forums. I always edit my previous post, even on mobile if no one else has posted in that thread. Unless it's noticeably after my previous post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't want to say that I'm not Lazy, I confess... for sure.... because I'm babied at other forums that do have the feature..... 

So it's a habit thing I'll try and remember..... (I do the same thing at 'my team forum site too... but I have the luxury of being a global moderator....)