Beyerdynamic Headphone Question

thvSPARK
42 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Peace eq with equalizer apo

Have you had any experience with Phillips headphones? Specifically the Phillips Audio Fidelio X2HR

Stormtrooper PC

CPU - Ryzen 3700x

Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4

Motherboard - Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600

GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Storage - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

PSU - Corsair RMx 550W

Case - NZXT H710

Display - HP Omen 25

10 minutes ago, ThvPyro said:

Have you had any experience with Phillips headphones? Specifically the Phillips Audio Fidelio X2HR

Yes I like it nice bassy wide soundstage decent imaging but due to the very tame highs it's better suited for music and casual games. They are very efficient and easy to drive

Just now, rice guru said:

Yes I like it nice bassy wide soundstage decent imaging but due to the very tame highs it's better suited for music and casual games. They are very efficient and easy to drive

That sounds perfect for me! The games I play mostly don't need the super precise spatial audio anyways, and I'm usually listening to music in place of game audio. 

Thanks for all of your help with this!

Stormtrooper PC

CPU - Ryzen 3700x

PSU - Corsair RMx 550W

Case - NZXT H710

Display - HP Omen 25

I get it you want Beyerdynamic lol. I own Beyerdynamic headphones myself from cheapest to most expensive. It's actually hard to say which one is the best because I love them all. I have the 770, 880 and Amiron wireless copper. 880 is for micro details if you want to hear anything but not nice with explosions in GTAV that are near. 770 closedback has the best noise isolation I've ever have and yet still lovely sound. Bassy indeed but also very fun too. And the most laid back and relaxed is the Amiron wireless and closed back too. Depending on your budget you might wanna get the 770 or 880 if you can find it under 150. However, the 880 has higher sibilance and in some content it may sounds too sharp.

Philips is pretty unknown with headphones but I keep reading the SHP9500 is nice too. But discontinued? I see Amazon US still sells it:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW?th=1

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

5 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

I get it you want Beyerdynamic lol. I own Beyerdynamic headphones myself from cheapest to most expensive. It's actually hard to say which one is the best because I love them all. I have the 770, 880 and Amiron wireless copper. 880 is for micro details if you want to hear anything but not nice with explosions in GTAV that are near. 770 closedback has the best noise isolation I've ever have and yet still lovely sound. Bassy indeed but also very fun too. And the most laid back and relaxed is the Amiron wireless and closed back too. Depending on your budget you might wanna get the 770 or 880 if you can find it under 150. However, the 880 has higher sibilance and in some content it may sounds too sharp.

Philips is pretty unknown with headphones but I keep reading the SHP9500 is nice too. But discontinued? I see Amazon US still sells it:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW?th=1

As of now, I'm swinging between the 770's and the Phillips Audio Fidelio X2HR (which seem to be the higher tier version of the SHP9500's).

I've found both on Amazon for pretty much the same price (around $130)

Phillips:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5VHLUG/?coliid=I2CETF7L3190H1&colid=339AYZ278H5PT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Beyerdynamic:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016MNAAI/?coliid=I29EH88C7Q9KIM&colid=339AYZ278H5PT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I can't seem to find the 880's for less than $170-180 (on Amazon, at least)

Stormtrooper PC

CPU - Ryzen 3700x

PSU - Corsair RMx 550W

Case - NZXT H710

Display - HP Omen 25

9 minutes ago, ThvPyro said:

As of now, I'm swinging between the 770's and the Phillips Audio Fidelio X2HR (which seem to be the higher tier version of the SHP9500's).

I've found both on Amazon for pretty much the same price (around $130)

Phillips:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5VHLUG/?coliid=I2CETF7L3190H1&colid=339AYZ278H5PT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Beyerdynamic:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016MNAAI/?coliid=I29EH88C7Q9KIM&colid=339AYZ278H5PT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I can't seem to find the 880's for less than $170-180 (on Amazon, at least)

The Philips headphone looks very comfortable. Too bad they don't sell it in EU but it's less than 150 so we don't have to pay for the customs.

And it's pretty odd because 990 Pro and 770 are equally priced and the 880 is still high priced. Have no idea what's the reason behind this. I got my 880 on sale on the official Beyerdynamic webstore. Amazon is not the only one store to buy it from? Or is it?

They are both great headphones so I would be having hard time too to decide which one. But knowing myself, I would grab them both :/ I hate myself.

But if you have noisy family or live in noise envoirenments: 770 because it has noise isolation. The Philips is an open-back headphone, you'll hear anything and people will hear what you're listening (sound leakage). However, it's been said the open-back is more spatial, wider soundstage and natural.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

4 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

The Philips headphone looks very comfortable. Too bad they don't sell it in EU but it's less than 150 so we don't have to pay for the customs.

And it's pretty odd because 990 Pro and 770 are equally priced and the 880 is still high priced. Have no idea what's the reason behind this. I got my 880 on sale on the official Beyerdynamic webstore. Amazon is not the only one store to buy it from? Or is it?

They are both great headphones so I would be having hard time too to decide which one. But knowing myself, I would grab them both :/ I hate myself.

But if you have noisy family or live in noise envoirenments: 770 because it has noise isolation. The Philips is an open-back headphone, you'll hear anything and people will hear what you're listening (sound leakage). However, it's been said the open-back is more spatial, wider soundstage and natural.

I can definitely try to find the 880's somewhere else, Amazon was just the first place I checked.

Probably can't buy both though, not really worth it for me right now.

I have the Skullcandy Hesh 3 for music and out of the house, and my room is fairly quiet, so I'll probably snag the Phillips first, if they don't work for me I can return and try the Beyerdynamics.

Stormtrooper PC

CPU - Ryzen 3700x

PSU - Corsair RMx 550W

Case - NZXT H710

Display - HP Omen 25

1 minute ago, ThvPyro said:

I can definitely try to find the 880's somewhere else, Amazon was just the first place I checked.

Probably can't buy both though, not really worth it for me right now.

I have the Skullcandy Hesh 3 for music and out of the house, and my room is fairly quiet, so I'll probably snag the Phillips first, if they don't work for me I can return and try the Beyerdynamics.

Yeah, I get that. I use Amazon if they don't sell in EU or if it's cheaper on Amazon. Alright, the Philips it is.

DAC/AMPs: