Ducky Keyboards fragile as fck?

TOdom

Certainly hitting my keyboard one (1) time out of frustration doesn't stop literally everything on it from working? Seriously, NO backlighting, and not a single key works

3 minutes ago, TOdom said:

one (1)

Use one or the other. Don't write like this, please.

With that out of the way..are you sure you didn't maybe pinch the USB cable in between parts of the chassis?

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Use one or the other. Don't write like this, please.

With that out of the way..are you sure you didn't maybe pinch the USB cable in between parts of the chassis?

First of all ur not my dad. Now with that out of the way, I opened up the keyboard and everything looked fine

Hard to know if they are really fragile, as I don't know how hard you tend to hit your peripherals. I recommend finding an anger management course if this is a reoccuring issue.

Check that the cable/connector isn't broken, and that it is actually connected.

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Hard to know if they are really fragile, as I don't know how hard you tend to hit your peripherals. I recommend finding an anger management course if this is a reoccuring issue.

Check that the cable/connector isn't broken, and that it is actually connected.

I already told the other guy they're not my dad, I gotta do it again? No the cable's fine

I thought Ducky was a good brand?  I keep hearing good things about their keyboards and mice.  Well that was years ago.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

11 minutes ago, TOdom said:

First of all ur not my dad. Now with that out of the way, I opened up the keyboard and everything looked fine

No one will take you seriously if you write like that. Same thing goes for people who write "TIL" (today I learned) and "I was today years old.."

Anyway. Do you have a warranty? Maybe don't mention that you pounded the living shit out of it, but see if they'll replace it for you.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

No one will take you seriously if you write like that. Same thing goes for people who write "TIL" (today I learned) and "I was today years old.."

Anyway. Do you have a warranty? Maybe don't mention that you pounded the living shit out of it, but see if they'll replace it for you.

Imagine not taking people seriously because they don't type the way you want them to. Today years old is a bad meme I agree, but if you're going to blow off someone's entire existence because they type a certain way then idk... I don't think I got a warranty, plus I had to break a "warranty void" sticker to open it

11 minutes ago, TOdom said:

Imagine not taking people seriously because they don't type the way you want them to. Today years old is a bad meme I agree, but if you're going to blow off someone's entire existence because they type a certain way then idk... I don't think I got a warranty, plus I had to break a "warranty void" sticker to open it

It's juvenile and asinine.

If you're in the US, those stickers (supposedly) mean jack shit. So there might still be hope.

7 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

It's juvenile and asinine.

If you're in the US, those stickers (supposedly) mean jack shit. So there might still be hope.

It's ducky so it's made in Taiwan. I checked the packaging and it comes with a 1 year warranty but it says I can't break the sticker or it's voided

I myself live in the US yes, but the warranty note says what it says

27 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I thought Ducky was a good brand?  I keep hearing good things about their keyboards and mice.  Well that was years ago.

I fcking love this keyboard but it legit just broke after I 'misused' it once. I kinda picked it up like 4 inches off the desk and dropped it back down slightly hard. Like I didn't slam the fck out of it, but I didn't treat it like glass either

Just now, TOdom said:

I fcking love this keyboard but it legit just broke after I 'misused' it once. I kinda picked it up like 4 inches off the desk and dropped it back down slightly hard. Like I didn't slam the fck out of it, but I didn't treat it like glass either

How long did you have it?  I got a Razer Blackwindow Ultimate 2013 and it's still works perfectly.

1 minute ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

How long did you have it?  I got a Razer Blackwindow Ultimate 2013 and it's still works perfectly.

'Bout 6 months. I don't like Razer keyboards because every single one has a really big bottom bezel that hurts my wrist cuz of the angle I hold my hand at. The Ducky One 2 (the one I own) has 1/4 inch bezels all the way around

Edited by TOdom

1 minute ago, TOdom said:

'Bout 6 months. I don't like Razer keyboards because every single one has a really big bottom bezel that hurts my wrist cuz of the angle I hold my hand at. The Ducky One 2 (the one I own) has 1/4 inch bezels all the way around

Well if you broke the seal that's 100% voiding the warranty.  Not sure if Ducky will allow the RMA due to your mistakes.

Just now, CalintzJerevinan said:

Well if you broke the seal that's 100% voiding the warranty.  Not sure if Ducky will allow the RMA due to your mistakes.

Yea RIP. Guess I'll grab a cheap one from Best Buy or something. Need small bezels and clicky switches

2 minutes ago, TOdom said:

Yea RIP. Guess I'll grab a cheap one from Best Buy or something. Need small bezels and clicky switches

I used a Handstands Keyboard Wrist pad on my Razer Keyboard and it does the job.  But mine will be replaced next month.  The memory foam is getting bad and cleaning it doesn't work.

Also Razer keyboards now don't use Official Cherry key switches they switch to their own kind.  And I heard it's sub-par.

8 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I used a Handstands Keyboard Wrist pad on my Razer Keyboard and it does the job.  But mine will be replaced next month.  The memory foam is getting bad and cleaning it doesn't work.

Also Razer keyboards now don't use Official Cherry key switches they switch to their own kind.  And I heard it's sub-par.

Almost no big company uses cherry mx, they're just making their own. That's why I'm resorting to a keyboard that's more fragile than glass to play competitive games on lmao. Oh and a hand rest is a massive no go for me. I need a full size mechanical keyboard but I need it as non-bulky as possible. Both for practical and personal preference reasons. I don't like the feel of putting my arm/wrist on something that isn't my actual desk/keyboard and I play games with the keyboard angled at 45 degrees and really close to the edge of the table. The rest would stab my gut while playing as I also play hella close to the desk. I play csgo if you couldn't tell by that description lol

Edited by TOdom

2 minutes ago, TOdom said:

Almost no big company uses cherry mx, they're just making their own. That's why I'm resorting to a keyboard that's more fragile than glass to play competitive games on lmao

I'm a Cherry MX Blue Switch person.  I'm a heavy typist and I need keys that feel like the classic IBM Model M keyboard.  Or I won't use the keyboard.  I do have some cheap Logitech keyboards but those are just spares. 

1 minute ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I'm a Cherry MX Blue Switch person.  I'm a heavy typist and I need keys that feel like the classic IBM Model M keyboard.  Or I won't use the keyboard.  I do have some cheap Logitech keyboards but those are just spares. 

Yeah I like blues as well. I'm not really a typist or anything like that, but I'm kind of a tacti-phile. The way things feel to touch (and in this case to press down on)  really matter to me

Just now, TOdom said:

Yeah I like blues as well. I'm not really a typist or anything like that, but I'm kind of a tacti-phile. The way things feel to touch (and in this case to press down on)  really matter to me

Linus was the reason why I bought my keyboard

Just now, CalintzJerevinan said:

I bought mine cuz of what I heard about cherry mx switches and the fact that the bezels are super slim

1 minute ago, TOdom said:

I bought mine cuz of what I heard about cherry mx switches and the fact that the bezels are super slim

What he said about "I like knowing when I've pressed the key" is exactly how I feel about it. Especially for csgo, gotta counter-strafe really precisely and tactile switches are great for it. Obviously you can get precise movement with lighter/quieter switches, but for me personally it's easier with heavier louder switches

41 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Looks like my keyboard won't be available for 3+ months from Mechanicalkeyboards,com which is the only place I know of to find them. Best buy has a similar enough logitech option that I'll probably pick up tomorrow. I know best buy is usually overpriced af but the keyboard I want is on sale and they do price match anyways. Thx for talking with me, I'm gonna miss this fucking keyboard man I love it so so so much :(