How can I overclock my monitors on Linux?

I'm running Manjaro 18.1.5 and would like to OC the monitors in my signature (at least the G2410T, but the P2210s would be nice to have OC'd as well). Scrolling quickly through text makes me nauseous lol, and I do a lot of that. Even an OC to 65Hz is better than nothing. How would I go about doing this? I have an RX 570 and am using AMDGPU drivers. Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Seems like it worked. Thanks!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Actually, nevermind. Doesn't seem like it did anything. I guess it did *something* because my monitor layout changed (so the monitor physically in the middle, the one I'm trying to OC, became the one "digitally" on the far left) but TF2 with vsync on won't go past 60FPS.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Actually, nevermind. Doesn't seem like it did anything. I guess it did *something* because my monitor layout changed (so the monitor physically in the middle, the one I'm trying to OC, became the one "digitally" on the far left) but TF2 with vsync on won't go past 60FPS.

xrandr allows you to create configurations beyond 60hz, however they need to be applied for them to do anything. if you open your resolution settings you should see your custom setting listed with the others - try selecting and applying it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

xrandr allows you to create configurations beyond 60hz, however they need to be applied for them to do anything. if you open your resolution settings you should see your custom setting listed with the others - try selecting and applying it.

I'm using Deepin DE so there aren't many settings related to displays (hell there aren't many settings to change at all). I have my "custom settings" but I believe those are completely standalone from the xrandr OC as they also keep my middle monitor capped at 60Hz.

Is there an xrandr gui or something I can download?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Yes, arandr for example. You can also just use xrandr directly: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xrandr#Testing_configuration

Seems like arandr will be much easier for me to use than xrandr in terminal, lol. I am getting an error when trying to apply my OC:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200104101301.png

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Seems like arandr will be much easier for me to use than xrandr in terminal, lol. I am getting an error when trying to apply my OC:

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200104101301.png

Well, it looks like your custom configuration doesn't work. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to help you here - it's mostly trial and error with the modesetting. Read the wiki carefully and try the different methods suggested, eventually you should find a setting that works though to be honest it's not guaranteed - it all depends on xorg and your graphics drivers.

Some things I would try first are

cvt 1920 1080 75

gtf 1920 1080 75

also try using the command line to enable the resolution since the error message might tell you something useful. add --verbose to the command to get more output.

if you find something that works don't forget to add it permanently: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xrandr#Permanently_adding_undetected_resolutions

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*