Bought everything for my new PC

leon12321

Uhm, double check all connections.

Basically all I got.  It's not hard at all, and no you don't need to wear a static strap.

Just now, Lorant said:

Cool, thanks!

Basically all I got.  It's not hard at all, and no you don't need to wear a static strap.

Should I ground myself by touching the metal case? I don't have pets nor do I have carpet as my floor so I should be ok?

Just now, Lorant said:

Yeah you dont need a static strap. And checking connections for sure, also make sure everything is seated right, and everything is also bolted in properly.

Just now, leon12321 said:

Cool, thanks!

Should I ground myself by touching the metal case? I don't have pets nor do I have carpet as my floor so I should be ok?

I have a carpet, no pets, and I didn't't ground myself, and my build turned out well

1 minute ago, Smiles4Miles said:

Watch videos. As many as needed until you know what to do.

LOOOOL, literally just did. I watched TechSource's guide like a million times throughout 2019 and just today, Bitwit's guide and more.

Just now, leon12321 said:

LOOOOL, literally just did. I watched TechSource's guide like a million times throughout 2019 and just today, Bitwit's guide and more.

Good. 

Take your time, Check before you screw stuff or plug parts in. Aside from the chassis front IO, you can't really plug wrong cable into wrong holes.
you want a Philips magnetic screwdriver with a J1 head, a grounding bracelet, a flash light or head lamp (or great lightning), maybe some long nose pliers or if you got fat fingers like mine and have a hard time plugging in leads. 

-Prep your case, open it up, check your the corners and edges to know where it's smooth and where you can cut yourself

-RTFM on mobo, you need to know how to slot your CPU and where your case cable plug in.

-When you open your CPU box, be careful not to smudge the thermal compound on the bottom of the cooler

-Fit your motherboard with CPU and ram on top of your MOBO box.
-Install cooler (make sure you have the correct orientation so the leads can plug in on your MOBO cpu fan pins. Carefull to make sure there is no plastic between CPU and Cooler.
-Optional: If you feel comfortable, test the build by pluggin the the two PSU cables in the MOBO and shorting the power pins.

-Screw in all your stand offs on your case's MOBO tray. There is a bit provided for that and it fits  (check the holes in your board because your tray probably has more holes than your need)

-Put your IO shield before your MOBO
-Put in the MOBO, make sure the shields doesn't interfere with the IO and screw it in

-Plug in all the case leads from the chassis into the MOBO. In the case of an ASUS build, you have a special adapter to plug in all you case leads easily. Use it!

-Install the power supply, run the cables to your mobo. There should be two cables plugging in.

-Screw in your drives. There might be some rubber washers to lower your HDD drive vibrations. Use them on the mechanical drive.
-Plug the with the SATA cables into the disks and in your MOBO.
-Route a power cable to your drives (or two if you need)
-Remove the correct number of expansion slot to fit your vid card (in the highest MOBO slot)
-Install your vid card and route the power cables

-Test the build. It should post otherwise, troubleshoot using your MOBO manual.

-Install spare fans if you got them

-Time for cable management!
-Close the case, be careful you don't damage wires
-Install Windows (or Linux or whatever floats your boat)

Note: Smaller cases are harder to build into.
Don't overclock with the stock cooler
Still lost? Watch vids, Linus has some good ones.

Once it's built and tested, you may want to enable XMP profile to gain some processing muscle without overclocking.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10