are these case fans good? (silentiumpc sigma pro 140mm)

silverera99

Imagini pentru silentiumpc sigma pro 140 r"

are these good value for 9€ ,140mm no pwm , 800rpm max. i'm interested in them because they are 140m but also have 120mm mounting holes . i'm intending to use 2x as intake .  

Where are you located, shopping from?

Do you have ID Cooling NO14025K available?

http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/26/name/NO-14025K

140mm blades, 120mm fastening, rubber grommets, and even cheaper than the SilentiumPC Sigma Pro (here, it's round 5€)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

At 800rpm, they won't provide a lot of airflow but may be fine if your system isn't particularly power hungry or if the case is well ventilated.

What are your specs and temps? What kind of features are you looking for in a fan?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:26 AM, WoodenMarker said:

At 800rpm, they won't provide a lot of airflow but may be fine if your system isn't particularly power hungry or if the case is well ventilated.

What are your specs and temps? What kind of features are you looking for in a fan?

i5 9600k 1660ti 16gb ddr4

i'm looking for silent fans that provide decent airflow and not make that annoying motor noise(the strange one that's not the same sound air movement). i have silent wings 3 as exhaust and it's silent up to 1200rpm but it was pretty expensive.

looking for something around 10 EUR 2X120MM or 2x140mm but only if they have 120mm mounting holes

i was looking now at the scythe kaze flex for 8 EUR but read in review they make that mechanical annoying noise

26 minutes ago, silverera99 said:

i'm looking for silent fans that provide decent airflow and not make that annoying motor noise(the strange one that's not the same sound air movement). i have silent wings 3 as exhaust and it's silent up to 1200rpm but it was pretty expensive.

looking for something around 10 EUR 2X120MM or 2x140mm but only if they have 120mm mounting holes

i was looking now at the scythe kaze flex for 8 EUR but read in review they make that mechanical annoying noise

The best fans for you are the Corsair ML PRO, totally silent and quite fast if needed 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

3 hours ago, silverera99 said:

What case and fans are you current using? Temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm warning against Sigma Pro 140mm or any SilentiumPC fans. Had Sigma Pro 140mm on my Fortis 3 cooler, rattling noise due to bad bearings even on 650 RPM. The same to lesser extent for Sigma HP 120 on in my case, where 750 RPM is acceptable rattle / vibration. The rest is super cheap Arctic P and F fans up to 1000 RPM basically dead silent (P can go higher RPM with the same acoustics).

14 hours ago, Taisho said:

I'm warning against Sigma Pro 140mm or any SilentiumPC fans. Had Sigma Pro 140mm on my Fortis 3 cooler, rattling noise due to bad bearings even on 650 RPM. The same to lesser extent for Sigma HP 120 on in my case, where 750 RPM is acceptable rattle / vibration. The rest is super cheap Arctic P and F fans up to 1000 RPM basically dead silent (P can go higher RPM with the same acoustics).

it depends. i have a sigma pro 120mm on my cooler . and it's very silent untill 1200rpm. doesn't make any strange noises. have a be quiet sw3 on exhaust really silent as well, and ordered another sw3 as intake since thoght they are really silent .but the same model felt very loud for me at 1000 rpm,made an annoying bearing noise,so there are some models who have bad bearings from fabric.. also i had arctic p14 140mm and at 1000 rpm sounded like a plane 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:59 PM, silverera99 said:

Imagini pentru silentiumpc sigma pro 140 r"

are these good value for 9€ ,140mm no pwm , 800rpm max. i'm interested in them because they are 140m but also have 120mm mounting holes . i'm intending to use 2x as intake .  

9 euros for one seems a bit expensive, 9 euros for two is reasonable.

22 minutes ago, ZzLy said:

9 euros for one seems a bit expensive, 9 euros for two is reasonable.

welcome to eastern europe, well all the prices are inflated and msrp is just a number

1 hour ago, silverera99 said:

welcome to eastern europe, well all the prices are inflated and msrp is just a number

Then get it shipped from Aliexpress. It's free shipping and wordwide, but can take up to month to arrive since it's coming from China

Looking at the connection in the pic it’s possible those are rubber vibration isolators.  Traditionally most of the cost of a fan is bearing type, and I can’t look up the fan so I don’t know what kind of bearing it has.  Does it say what the bearing type is?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Looking at the connection in the pic it’s possible those are rubber vibration isolators.  Traditionally most of the cost of a fan is bearing type, and I can’t look up the fan so I don’t know what kind of bearing it has.  Does it say what the bearing type is?

hydraulic. it's stated on the official website

5 hours ago, silverera99 said:

hydraulic. it's stated on the official website

Was unable to find official website.  Good on you for digging that up.  “Hydrolic” doesn’t really mean much though.  Some sort of branding thing. Might mean some sort of modified rifle bearing which means it could be anywhere from sleeve to slightly worse than a regular rifle bearing to as good as a noctua FDB which is also modified rifle.  It’s not a ball bearing though which is something.  I’d go with “probably good” then.  Should be quiet and long lasting.  If they’re sleeve they will need to be hung vertical.  Sleeve can’t handle horizontal mount. Rifle can though.

Edited by Bombastinator
Preamble added.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.