Five Below Gaming Gear (Good or Bad)???

SpikeSpiegel

Most likely awful butif they work for $5 it's hard to complain. I try not to cheap out on my peripherals but for $5 I'm willing to try it. 

Hello and welcome to the world of tracking issues, horrible dome switches and head aches xd

Main PC:
CPU: Intel i9 - 13900k, Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm

GPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT 16GB,

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite,
Ram: 
G.Skill Trident Z neo C16 3600Mhz 32GB,

PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum.

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL

Gear
Mouse: Logitech G Pro

Keyboard: Iqunix F97 Hitchhiker

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

Speakers: Yamaha HS7

Mic: 512 Audio skylight

Screens: LG 27GL850 & Samsung 34" Odyssey G5 Samsung

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

Most likely awful butif they work for $5 it's hard to complain. I try not to cheap out on my peripherals but for $5 I'm willing to try it. 

Yeah I kind of figured.  I got two of the RGB Mice for XMAS and I barely use them.  The scroll wheel sucks LOL. ?

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

5 hours ago, ItsTworty said:

Hello and welcome to the world of tracking issues, horrible dome switches and head aches xd

Made In China Quality....?

What’s the point of buying stuff that doesn’t make you want to use it at all? I’d rather save and buy what I really want than cheap out on anything (and that goes not only for the pc world, but everything).

1 minute ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

What’s the point of buying stuff that doesn’t make you want to use it at all? I’d rather save and buy what I really want than cheap out on anything (and that goes not only for the pc world, but everything).

Because parents buy these for kids and teenagers.  Thinking it's better to save money and give to their kids.  While the quality is bad....I mean got the RGB mice for XMAS from a friend as a joke.  And once I plug it in last night and use the scroll wheel on them.  I just had to post this...

2 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Because parents buy these for kids and teenagers.  Thinking it's better to save money and give to their kids.  While the quality is bad....I mean got the RGB mice for XMAS from a friend as a joke.  And once I plug it in last night and use the scroll wheel on them.  I just had to post this...

I see your point. I was thinking of people buying stuff for themselves. But I wouldn’t buy super crappy things for anyone anyways.

For $5 you get what you pay for.

Probably not bad in a pinch if you need something spare and don't want to waste money on a full backup mouse/speakers/headset etc for someone to use once.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Ezzy-525 said:

For $5 you get what you pay for.

Probably not bad in a pinch if you need something spare and don't want to waste money on a full backup mouse/speakers/headset etc for someone to use once.

That I can agree with. 

I would not buy any of those.

The low price has to be accomplished by bad quality or bad labor, and I won't support either.

The labor cost is pretty simple. Put the workers into a sweatshop. Done. I am not saying paying more is a guarantee for fair labor, but atleast a chance. And 5$ for any peripheral is pretty much a guarantee for exploitation, except the production process is highly automated.

And quality is more than just how good and how long it works. It is about the materials too.

If it contains a battery or just runs electricity there is a fire hazard. And often people dont realize that plastic or other components can contain toxic or hazardous ingredients, some of which are cancerogenic or cause allergies after prolonged exposure, now think about how long your hand is on your mouse. Eventhough metals usually dont expose anything into the air, the mineral oils used during processing may do. That intense smell of some plastic, sometimes is not just annoying but can be a warning, though a lot of times you wont be able to smell anything that doesnt mean it's safe. It is the same issue you have with cheap clothing often containing dye residue or leather containing chromium trioxide.

And, yes you can never be sure to be "safe" just because of the price you pay, but an actual brand will have a liability and a reputation, while cheap products will often not even have an email adress. E.g. I cant find "U Youse" as a peripherals or any other brand.

It comes down to the price not being the same as the value. This stuff has a low monetary price, but no value to me.

To me such crappy peripherals would not even be worth the 5 $. Just get a lottery ticket instead as it offers at least the (admittedly very small) chance of winning something good. Whereas with 5 $ peripherals you are guaranteed to lose your money and get nothing worthwhile in return.

There is no replacement for RGB except more RGB ?

7 minutes ago, oeci said:

To me such crappy peripherals would not even be worth the 5 $. Just get a lottery ticket instead as it offers at least the (admittedly very small) chance of winning something good. Whereas with 5 $ peripherals you are guaranteed to lose your money and get nothing worthwhile in return.

Yep and my friend gave me one for XMAS and the mouse wheel on it sucks LOL.  I just use it for web surfing.  Want to see how long until the mouse wheel falls off and fails. ?