USB UPS

ElihDW

Hi dudes

amm

i live with... roommates so I install a Surveillance Camera and a NAS on a raspberry to host the files on the hallway to my room, buuut, I realize if they cut the energy that system is useless. So, I was wondering if exist something like usb ups (maybe something not to big like a normal ups), i try with a Sony powerbank, but it can’t do both things at the same time (it charges itself or provide charge to the camera) 

you know something that can help me?

Also , invest in a room safe.....  because that sounds like a serious living situation if you need surveillance camera for security reasons inside of the home.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Also , invest in a room safe.....  because that sounds like a serious living situation if you need surveillance camera or security reason inside of the home.

You aren’t providing help dude. 
again... I need something lighter and smaller than a normal ups. the roomie situation is temporary, but I still want to have a something like I ask for.

There are powerbanks that allow doing both at the same time, but you'll need to lok at the specs for one that does.

But I guess if they can disconnect the input they can go disconnect the powerbank as well...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

There are powerbanks that allow doing both at the same time, but you'll need to lok at the specs for one that does.

But I guess if they can disconnect the input they can go disconnect the powerbank as well...

Hmmmm i will check that, my Sony one don’t do that shit 

23 minutes ago, ElihDW said:

(maybe something not to big like a normal ups)

7 minutes ago, ElihDW said:

You aren’t providing help dude. 
again... I need something lighter and smaller than a normal ups. the roomie situation is temporary, but I still want to have a something like I ask for.

7 minutes ago, ElihDW said:

Hey, you actually understand the purpose of the forum, great, thanks. 

No need to be rude mate, you said maybe something not to big, which means optional

If it is a requirement then state it is so. 

Also UPS' dont just come as the big heavy units, you can get ones that are like power boards such as this which would mean you can use it for multiple devices which might be more what emosun was referring to: https://www.cyberpower.com/au/en/product/sku/bu650e

But probably what you're looking for is something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32836106094.html

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Just now, Jarsky said:

No need to be rude mate, you said maybe something not to big, which means optional

If it is a requirement then state it is so. 

Also UPS' dont just come as the big heavy units, you can get ones that are like power boards such as this which would mean you can use it for multiple devices which might be more what emosun was referring to: https://www.cyberpower.com/au/en/product/sku/bu650e

But probably what you're looking for is something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32836106094.html

Dude, he said ma’am, I just replied with the same level. But I got it.
hmmm i like the first option, because I need at least two ports, one for the raspberry and other one to the camera. Thanks 

5 minutes ago, ElihDW said:

Dude, he said ma’am, I just replied with the same level. But I got it.

You insist in calling people "dudes", but you were talking to a ma'am and she corrected you. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, emosun said:

*she

Oh sorry, she*

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You insist in calling people "dudes", but you were talking to a ma'am and she corrected you. 

I said dude to my grandma, hahaha, yes my bad 

But thanks for your help my dudes. I will check all that you said 

13 minutes ago, ElihDW said:

I said dude to my grandma, hahaha, yes my bad 

Just an update "dude" went out in the 80's something tells me you were not conceived yet ?

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

-.-!.. get an Battery like anker or simillar with the right Amps and plug in to the wall, just  try to hide it  so they cannot see it.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, ElihDW said:

Hi dudes

amm

i live with... roommates so I install a Surveillance Camera and a NAS on a raspberry to host the files on the hallway to my room, buuut, I realize if they cut the energy that system is useless. So, I was wondering if exist something like usb ups (maybe something not to big like a normal ups), i try with a Sony powerbank, but it can’t do both things at the same time (it charges itself or provide charge to the camera) 

you know something that can help me?

UPS’s use very large and heavy batteries. I doubt they make them that small. Further more UPS’s are not really designed for long term power. Because they are very inefficient due to converting DC to AC and then your device converts it back to DC, even with a low load to no load eventually they will run out of power. Your might get an hour. With just my modem and router connected to my 850 watt rated UPS I got like 30 min tops. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.