Cannot seem to access my router page using wifi

Marxis

Hey everyone,

Please note this is the first time I write on a forum and I hope that this is an appropriate place to start this discussion.

The problem I'm facing is that if I connect my laptop to my DSL router using the Ethernet cable I can access the router page (192.168.1.1). However, if I switch to wifi I am suddenly unable to access my router page (meaning I type in the IP of the router and the page doesn't open). Also I noticed that whenever I'm connected through Ethernet the router appears in the Network tab in My Computer in contrast with wifi where I can only see my device and the router doesn't show.

Please HELP!!!!

Ethernet.PNG

Wifi.PNG

This may be for security reasons...

If someone had access to wifi network and cracked the password they could take control of your router.

If you can only access on ethernet person would need physical access.

I assume you already tried to access the IP on a web browser?

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

@krakkpott yes I already tried using the IP in different browsers (IE, Chrome, edge)

@tech.guru   it could be, but I tried looking into the router settings and I couldn't find anything really related to this issue. The only thing that may be relevant is a setting called "remote access" and the setting is enabled so...