Video display gitch after new build and jump to Windows 10

Balthasar81

Hey, I know I'm new but this is my first build since the Intel X79 came out (hint that was my previous motherboard) and the first time I've had an issue since Intel quad cores were a new thing.

I'm running out of ideas and I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. 

This week I built a (mostly)new PC. This was also my jump to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I've sometimes ended up with what I guess I could describe as RGB snow on one or both of my monitors. I've attached a picture

This happens some of the time when Windows loads or when the driver re-detects and can appear on one of or Both of the monitors. I didn't have this previously but I was on Windows 7 and a R9 390 before.

I've re-installed the video drivers multiple times and tried different resolutions. I've found that I can sometimes "make it clear" if I unplug the impacted monitor and reconnect or reboot.

I've updated the Motherboard bios to F11 from F10

I've removed the 5700 XT and put in my R9 390 and the problem seemed to go away until I tried to load Netflix and it returned on my 30" but only when I'm using my DP to DVI adapter. If I go back to native Dual Link DVI I get no problems. I have not been able to recreate the behaviour on my second monitor with the R9 390 installed. 

My best guess is its some HDCP or DRM that doesn't like the adapter but it happened on the second monitor too when the 5700 XT was installed. If this is the case I'm not sure how I'm going to get around the issue. The monitor has a HDMI and a DP port but I'm not sure if the DP supports more than 1080P. I have a DP cable coming to test.

Build (I will note if it is a carry over component)

Driver: Radeon Software 19.12.3 (but I have tried 19.9.10 and 19.12.2)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra v1.0 BIOS F10 (now F11)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X

Heatsink: Corsair H80i v2

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-64GVK

Video Card: XFX 5700 XT THICC 2 (standard not ultra)

OS Disk: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 drive

PSU: Corsair HX1000 (old)

I have multiple WD and Kingston SATA drives but they are for storage and games

Montiors

NIXEUS 30" 2560x1600 (old)

Benq G2220HD (old)

The 30" is using a Dual Link DVI cable connected to a StarTech Active Displayport to Dual Link DVI adapter (powered)

The Benq is connected with my old HDMI to DVI cable as it did in my previous computer.

IMG_20191229_181801.jpg