Looking for a better router

Wes93

Hi, i want to buy a new router since the one that i have has only 2 lan ports its a v-sol. My cable connector is a standard connector and i want to keep this type of connection. Im not looking anything expensive as long as it has decent wifi range like 10meters and 4 lan ports its good to me.

Is your only reason to buy a new router to get more ports? Is your Wi-Fi coverage fine right now? If you don't need any extra features I'd buy a network Switch instead of a new router. Consumer ones can usually be picked up cheaper.

2 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Is your only reason to buy a new router to get more ports? Is your Wi-Fi coverage fine right now? If you don't need any extra features I'd buy a network Switch instead of a new router. Consumer ones can usually be picked up cheaper.

Yeah mostly for ports 

3 minutes ago, Wes93 said:

Yeah mostly for ports 

Then a switch is what you want. You can pick up a gigabit 5 port switch for like $15 or an 8 port for $25 roughly. One port from the switch to the router and then everything else into the switch and you're done :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

11 hours ago, Lurick said:

Then a switch is what you want. You can pick up a gigabit 5 port switch for like $15 or an 8 port for $25 roughly. One port from the switch to the router and then everything else into the switch and you're done :)

Thank you. So they are connected via lan?

2 hours ago, Wes93 said:

Thank you. So they are connected via lan?

Yup

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: