Upgrading after many years - is this ok ?

ShoRyuuga

Hello there,

my old Mainboard gave up few weeks ago, may it Rest in one Peace.

So I'm planning on upgrading my hardware after almost 6 years.

My HDD, SSD and GPU will stay as it is. My Power Supply is the bequiet! System Power 7 450 W.

New Hardware I have chosen:

MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x 16GB 3200 MHz

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P

I won't OC of any sorts. 

Are there any concerns the above hardware won't get along with each other ? 

About the Power Supply, I had my concerns, whether it is enough or not. But colleagues say since I don't OC it is enough.

Thanks in advance! :)

8 minutes ago, ShoRyuuga said:

Hello there,

my old Mainboard gave up few weeks ago, may it Rest in one Peace.

So I'm planning on upgrading my hardware after almost 6 years.

My HDD, SSD and GPU will stay as it is. My Power Supply is the bequiet! System Power 7 450 W.

New Hardware I have chosen:

MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x 16GB 3200 MHz

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P

I won't OC of any sorts. 

Are there any concerns the above hardware won't get along with each other ? 

About the Power Supply, I had my concerns, whether it is enough or not. But colleagues say since I don't OC it is enough.

Thanks in advance! :)

What's your current GPU? Might wanna upgrade your PSU Depending on power usage.

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

The B450M/AC is a solid budget option for 3rd gen ryzen out of the box

are you gonna be gaming for most of this PC's usage? consider a Ryzen 5 3600

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, leon12321 said:

If you're not going to OC, you can downgrade the motherboard to this https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-ATX-Motherboard-B450-PRO4/dp/B07FVYKJHR/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=motherboard+am4+ATX+b450&qid=1577808763&sr=8-4 to save 10 dollars. 

Other than that, it seems alright. 

But I heard there are bios problems for B450 mainboards when using 3700x ? Maybe I misheard it.

1 hour ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

What's your current GPU? Might wanna upgrade your PSU Depending on power usage.

Its an old AMD Radeon 7950 and my Power Supply was ok.

57 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The B450M/AC is a solid budget option for 3rd gen ryzen out of the box

are you gonna be gaming for most of this PC's usage? consider a Ryzen 5 3600

The most time I'm using it for 3D, CAD sorts. Thats why the Ryzen 7 3700x is the maximum I want to afford. :)

40 minutes ago, ShoRyuuga said:

If you're not going to OC, you can downgrade the motherboard to this https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-ATX-Motherboard-B450-PRO4/dp/B07FVYKJHR/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=motherboard+am4+ATX+b450&qid=1577808763&sr=8-4 to save 10 dollars. 

Other than that, it seems alright. 

Nope you haven't misheard. I've properly checked the motherboard and people say it doesn't support ryzen 5 3000 series CPUs. That's strange since in the UK, I can find a B450 motherboard for less than 80 quid which supports RYZEN 5 3000, for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME-B450-PLUS-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B07F6ZXNXK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=b450+asus&qid=1577815796&sr=8-3

Sorry for the misinformation.

3 minutes ago, leon12321 said:

Nope you haven't misheard. I've properly checked the motherboard and people say it doesn't support ryzen 5 3000 series CPUs. That's strange since in the UK, I can find a B450 motherboard for less than 80 quid which supports RYZEN 5 3000, for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME-B450-PLUS-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B07F6ZXNXK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=b450+asus&qid=1577815796&sr=8-3

Sorry for the misinformation.

Yea thats why I think the b450 max I chose is okey.

Update: 

I have another set in mind.

Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max (7B86-016R)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 2x 16GB (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16W)

I'm not sure if the RAM works with either those 2 mainboards I am choosing of or with the Ryzen 7 3700x.

My idea about the new RAM is, when I have saved up more money I will later only upgrade my Mainboard (and PSU) and not the RAM too.

What are your thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, ShoRyuuga said:

Update: 

Yeah the memory should work capacity is below the motherboards max (64gb board max btw) so your memory should be fine i wold assume ? 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ?