RAM appears to be DOA in my machine but not in 2 test machines

Elmet

Hi there,

Created an account for this issue.

I have built most of an entirely new machine. The parts included Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 16GB ram modules. I inserted the ram according to the motherboard instructions (slots 2 and 4.) Pressing the power button all LED lights and fans come to life. However my CPU red Easy Diagnostic LED on the mobo lights up and disappears followed by no more progress. After scratching my head and checking my build i unplugged a DIMM on a hunch. Booted it back up and windows starts to load with a single stick. So as a test i place the second DIMM back in and again it doesnt POST again. Further investigating i plug in only the suspect DIMM and doesn't POST. As a result one of the memory modules appears to be DOA.

For further testing i cleared CMOS tried the DIMM in other slots in multiple combinations.

Updated BIOS

Still appears DOA.

I take by ram pair back to the shop and they say its running fine on the test bench. I go through my methodology and they agree its unusual but they say the ram works. Afterwards I visit my brother and try the ram in his machine. First known working stick = working -- Apparent DOA stick = working -- Both sticks = working 32GB

Anyone have any ideas why my computer has prejudice against one of my RAM modules?

Specs:

Mobo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

CPU: AMD 3900

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 16GB

PSU: Corsair 850w 

GPU: nvidia GTX 1070

Thanks in advance,

Elmet

new computer.PNG

my buddy just had this problem. got the asus tuf x570. he would only boot with one stick in . so im guessing your guys memory isn't on the QVL list. lol sorry. 

go to the support page for your board and check the memory QVL compatibility list. 

edit:

my buddy says he had them in the wrong slots. idk if this help. good luck

Ryzen 2600-OC 3.9                         Cooler Master 650w gold modular        1TB  860 Evo SSD                   NZXT H500        

Zotac RTX 2060 1980mhz OC         CoolerMaster 240mm AIO cooler          2TB Seagate Barracuda             3DMark

16GB Trident Z neo 3466mh            ASUS Strix B450-F                                240GB SP NVME Boot drive

The store I bought the parts from swapped my ram out for the same brand. The new ram works however I'm unsure what was wrong with the old stick.