First build, help!

Planning on doing my first build with help from family for my birthday in March. My dad was an avid pc fan but unfortunately took his own life last year so I can’t go to him for help. 

I’ve put together this list so far, based off the $900 Ryzen video from the beginning of December. 

Ideally under £1000 would be perfect, and I’d like to have the option for RTX too. Hence the GPU. 

I already have the monitor, and have a Corsair mouse of my dads but no keyboard. 

I’ll mostly be gaming, what games I don’t know yet, I have an Xbox one X, but would like to venture into pc gaming in memory of my dad mainly! 

I’m based in the UK. 

Any tips or help much appreciated! Thank you! 

You can probably save a bit if you bought Windows 10 CDkeys from Ebay which is cheaper. You may also want to bump down your power supply to a 650W to save a bit.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

3 minutes ago, Xiee said:

You can probably save a bit if you bought Windows 10 CDkeys from Ebay which is cheaper. You may also want to bump down your power supply to a 650W to save a bit.

Will I need a usb/disc to get windows installing if I just buy the cd key?? I have an old windows laptop and a MacBook Air I can use to pre-load a usb if I can? 

You'll have hard time maintaining a comfortable FPS with 4k display and this GPU but otherwise it looks good.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

You'll have hard time maintaining a comfortable FPS with 4k display and this GPU but otherwise it looks good.

I’m happy to play in 1080p and not 4K, will that solve that issue? 

10 minutes ago, Shakey1818 said:

Will I need a usb/disc to get windows installing if I just buy the cd key?? I have an old windows laptop and a MacBook Air I can use to pre-load a usb if I can? 

You'll need a USB thumb drive to install Windows on your PC. You can just download the ISO from Microsoft with no charge and just enter the key during installation. Microsoft has a Media Creation Tool that allows you to download and create a bootalble Windows 10 ISO installer USB.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

2 minutes ago, Xiee said:

You'll need a USB thumb drive to install Windows on your PC. You can just download the ISO from Microsoft with no charge and just enter the key during installation. Microsoft has a Media Creation Tool that allows you to download and create a bootalble Windows 10 ISO installer USB.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

That’s perfect! That’s £80 saved!!