Why isn't my GPU performing as good as the ones I've seen on youtube?

Deadran
Go to solution Solved by Deadran,

How many people do you want telling you the same thing?

1 more. Which was you ^^ 

Hello, I recenlty bought a pc for my cousin. But the gpu, AMD r9 270x, isn't performing very well?

In a game like, let's say, borderlands 2. I get about 20 fps on low with physx turned off.... Whiilst a guy on youtube (I'm adding the video down below) get's and avg of 59 fps on ultra! (physx off)

This is insanely annoying. Same with some other games I've got like: CS:GO, Age of Empires 2 HD edition (YES IT*S TRUE I GET LIKE 30 fps.. I mean come on), crysis 3 (You're supposed to be able to play this in very high with aa at 4x on like 50 fps avg.) also the DayZ standalone. I get like 30 fps in the woods and like 8 in cherno.... WIth LOW!!!!!

Oh and for your info, I've also OC'd the card. To about 5% more but the cooling is amazing and it never reaches higher than 55 degrees celcius

Help me please! There's a bunch of games on top of these I mentioned that the gpu CAN handle I know it can! but just won't for this one. Here's my gpu btw:

XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "DD-Edition", GHOST 2.0, DL-DVI-I + SL-DVI-D, HDMI, 2xmini-DP799016.jpg

Video with a guy haveing an insanely great Borderlands 2 experiance :( I want that too.

PLEASE HELP ME! // Deadran and his let down cousin

Yeah we need the specs of your rig...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

I can't pin point your problem but if the card is only reaching 55 degrees then it's definitely not being used, under load that card would easily exceed 70 degrees or more. Obvious question would be are your drivers up to date and what are your PC specs.

A double D cooler maxing out at 55c is hilarious 

as stated above the card must not be under max load, the DD cooler is barely better than reference. 

Error: 410

A double D cooler maxing out at 55c is hilarious 

as stated above the card must not be under max load, the DD cooler is barely better than reference. 

The 270x runs pretty cool. 55c is perfectly normal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 270x runs pretty cool. 55c is perfectly normal. 

Unless his case is a turbine I wouldn't think so, especially in the scenario that the GPU is the limiting component. 

weird i have a Gigabyte R9 270x and i can play bf4 on high at  60fps

I know right? I don't know what's wrong :( my cousin is pretty upset :( 

Have you installed the latest driver...? :P

Um I think so? I got the newest amd gaming evolved thing

Run a few games and monitor the GPU % usage and clock with GPU-Z or Afterburner performance logging

I'll do that, I'll try CS:GO and Saints row 4. brb

Um I think so? I got the newest amd gaming evolved thing

Double check, uninstall the current drive and download the latest stable from AMD's website.

I'll do that, I'll try CS:GO and Saints row 4. brb

I see that you have a CD drive, you didn't use the disks that came with the GPU did you?

Not that it will make a big difference, (I'm with everyone else wondering if you have the latest drivers and only them installed), but is the memory running at DDR3-1333MHz or DDR3-1600MHz - check the BIOS settings?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I have a friggin 660 Ti that plays BF4 at 70fps so i have no idea

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

I see that you have a CD drive, you didn't use the disks that came with the GPU did you?

No, I threw those away :/ 

Ok I ran a stress test (kind off I just exploded stuff) 

Here's CS:GO in GPU-Z:

MAXED OUT. (16x AA etc)

http://imgur.com/54n9UA6

Here's Saints row 4 maxed out:  in gpu-z

http://imgur.com/ESql1vw

Well, as you can see your GPU is not being fully utilized for some reason

what's strange is also your memory usage, it looks maxed out at 1GB. 

Well, as you can see your GPU is not being fully utilized for some reason

what's strange is also your memory usage, it looks maxed out at 1GB. 

OMFG! D: Is there some way to change that? Or should I just send the pc to the guys that built it so they can take a look at it.

In my opinion the graphics card is faulty, test it in another pc if you can.

Well fuck me up the ass and call me a popsickle, I'm calling them, YELLING AT THEM, tomorrow. Omfg... So annoying..............

Well fuck me up the ass and call me a popsickle, I'm calling them, YELLING AT THEM, tomorrow. Omfg... So annoying..............

I know the feeling. You might want to be a little more restrained. At least until they acknowledge that it is indeed a faulty gpu. Otherwise it could be quite embarrassing if they found something unrelated to the gpu or other hardware.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.