The problem with Facebook, and... Fraud?

Coltaine

I don't know how many follow Veritaseum on YouTube, but he made some interesting videos about Facebook and how they do business not too long ago. Very well presented, as you'd expect from Veritaseum.

Is Facebook eventually just going to be a wasteland of posts no one can see and click bots?

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

Facebook will eventually die, just like any other social network, but for the next couple of years I don't see it changing all that much in respect to how it is now. Just look at MSN Messenger, if anyone had told me 7-8 years ago that it would eventually be shut down I would've called them idiots, but here we are and it's gone today (mostly).

Oh dear, buying likes... How sad.. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

I wonder if @LinusTech has this problem or is aware of it since he does use Facebook a lot and has a lot of followers, right? 

Error: 410

Do you think this is in any way related to Youtube promotions as well?

I've never paid for promotions, but I noticed I've gotten nearly a million views from developing nations around the world. Along with declining viewer engagement, I am receiving more offers from google/youtube to promote my videos for a small fee.

My story seems very similar, but it could also be a strange coincidence.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Do you think this is in any way related to Youtube promotions as well?

I've never paid for promotions, but I noticed I've gotten nearly a million views from developing nations around the world. Along with declining viewer engagement, I am receiving more offers from google/youtube to promote my videos for a small fee.

My story seems very similar, but it could also be a strange coincidence.

I have no idea, I don't engage much in how these sites work. I have a basic idea about how content creators make their money on YT but that's about as far as it goes.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

From the day's when sites would plaster those "Top 10 WebSite" logo's to search sites favoring those that paid them nothing really has changed. I call FB "ClickBook", its click driven and who ever is clicking should just stop, it has jumped the shark a long time ago. With all this data mining its time to disperse the data not group it on one site that takes advantage of the user and gives them nothing in return, well it does annoy them with random nonsense changes to no end, which is why it should die.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Why would you pay for likes exactly? If people like your content, wouldn't they already follow your page?

Something new will come along, I mean MSN or whatever was big a while back, I think its more of a trend. I mean, the only reason I have it is for parties i never get invited to and keeping up with bands I listen to.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Why would you pay for likes exactly? If people like your content, wouldn't they already follow your page?

Is not that easy: You don't get to choose what you want to see in facebook, even if you select your own friends. Facebook just guesses what content you want to see based on what you like and what you usually see, so if you add a friend to your facebook account but he doesn't posts often and you never visit his/her timeline, Facebook just stop showing you his updates even if he starts updating regularly. It's also why it suggest a bunch of new people when you add someone new even people you weren't suggested before inspite of having more than the 1 new friend in common.

This is the same system for advertising, so if you have a product on facebook with 2 likes, it will rarely be featured on searches even if people search to things related to your product unless they have a specific link to you they will never see you. But as soon as you start getting a couple hundred/thousand likes, Facebook will automatically and exponentially push your product to more and more people so your product would be a top search, it will be one of the first on the list of likes people have on their timeline, it will be featured in automatic suggestions more often, it's and entire snowball effect.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The problem with facebook is that is has people on it.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.