Day 10 of 12 for the 12 FREE Daily Games at EG December 28th

Paul Rudd

FREE Game for TODAY, Saturday December 28th at the Epic Games store.

shadtac55.gif.e45752bf83e79c3d7207b44dea1a42c6.gif

Valued at $39.99 on Steam here... Link it has 9,035 Overwhelmingy Positive reviews.

FREE Game for SUNDAY, December 29th...

talos1.gif.10c03c8744331b107dd7379cf402cd1f.gif

Valued at $39.99 on Steam here... Link it has 17,523 Overwhelmingly Positive reviews.

Super excited to finally play the full version of Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun. The demo on GOG was super long and left me wanting more for the longest time. I'm hearing great things about tomorrows game as well. It seems to be one of the top story rich puzzle games on Steam.

Shadow Tactics would be fun if the camera and controls weren't so not great. It ends up being frustrating. You can hold ctrl to kill and immediately grab an enemy and then drag him to a nearby bush, but if you ctrl click an enemy and ctrl click a bush to drop the body, it just doesn't work. You have to let go of ctrl, or mash the shit out of the mouse button 5 or 6 times before it actually gets the command to drop the body. It's really annoying when I'm being spotted in a bush and all I have to do is drop the body but the game just won't goddamn do it.

Another fun thing is that bushes make you invisible, but only sometimes. I have no fucking clue why. I can sit in a bush for 5 minutes, not move, have enemies walk past me, all is fine. And then just for some fucking reason some random schmuck just immediately spots me out of nowhere. I'd be okay with them finding you during an alarm, but the game actively tells you to jump in a bush to stop a pursuit, so even then it seems bullshit and acts like it's broken.

Speaking of attacking and bushes, you'd think the primary method of eliminating enemies would be surprise attacks, but when you whistle them over to a bush and then attack them, sometimes but not always, they'll just lay eyes on you and damage you. I guess they're superman or cyclops, because there's no attack animation or anything for them, they just straight damage you.

I've done 5 or 6 levels, and while I'll say that for the most part it allows you to do things your own way, I've never had such a hard time trying to figure out what exactly the intended route is and what the game wants from me in a lot of situations. It has a bunch of bonus challenges per level, and I guess you don't need to do them all at the same time (Most you can't because it's different entry/exit points) but some of them I just don't get how they could be done. I really like stealth games but this one can be kind of frustrating, and the enemy vision cone is basically larger than yours so you're constantly being seen by enemies off screen.

*Edit

Enemies randomly spotting you in bushes is really annoying when you control 3 or more characters and they all get spread out, so you plant one in a bush for safe keeping and play another character, and then for no good fucking reason they get spotted by an enemy. It's horseshit. I ended up just save scumming which is not a gameplay style I particularly like.

#Muricaparrotgang

10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Shadow Tactics would be fun if the camera and controls weren't so not great. It ends up being frustrating.

Takes some getting used to.

You can hold ctrl to kill and immediately grab an enemy and then drag him to a nearby bush, but if you ctrl click an enemy and ctrl click a bush to drop the body, it just doesn't work. You have to let go of ctrl, or mash the shit out of the mouse button 5 or 6 times before it actually gets the command to drop the body. It's really annoying when I'm being spotted in a bush and all I have to do is drop the body but the game just won't goddamn do it.

The game has full controller support. Try it sometime.

it allows you to do things your own way, I've never had such a hard time trying to figure out what exactly the intended route is and what the game wants from me in a lot of situations.

It's non-linear. You create your own path. This also gives the game replay value later on when attempting to complete achievements.

I really like stealth games but this one can be kind of frustrating, and the enemy vision cone is basically larger than yours so you're constantly being seen by enemies off screen.

This only makes you better.

Enemies randomly spotting you in bushes is really annoying when you control 3 or more characters and they all get spread out, so you plant one in a bush for safe keeping and play another character, and then for no good fucking reason they get spotted by an enemy. It's horseshit. I ended up just save scumming which is not a gameplay style I particularly like.

You'll eventually learn something that helps with this and you won't have to spam save.