Oculus rift s not staying connected

Silence I  Kill You

I bought the Oculus rifts S end of October 2019 and nothing but problems, here is my set up 

MB: Asus x79 extreme iv black edition

CPU: 3930k

memory dominator 16gb

GPU: Asus 1080ti  

hard drive SSD 512, 

power supply: corsair 1200I

case: cooler maser cosmos II 

Rift is plugged into 3.0 port into motherboard, display port in to 1080ti card. 

So the problems I get with the rift S. Display port not plugged in. I loose all tracking from the headset sensors. 3 dots sometimes. sometimes it connects but your hand controllers are stuck together in VR world. 

Someone told me that Asus uses asmeadia drivers and it might be the a rift S issue with those drivers. I have followed all of google forums and also summited a ticket to oculus but same results.  so I just opened oculus app device says connect all green. put headset on and 3 dots and the controller hand stuck together any ideas or just throw the rift in the garbage. any help would be awesome. Thanks Scott  

4 hours ago, Silence I Kill You said:

I bought the Oculus rifts S end of October 2019 and nothing but problems, here is my set up 

MB: Asus x79 extreme iv black edition

CPU: 3930k

memory dominator 16gb

GPU: Asus 1080ti  

hard drive SSD 512, 

power supply: corsair 1200I

case: cooler maser cosmos II 

Rift is plugged into 3.0 port into motherboard, display port in to 1080ti card. 

So the problems I get with the rift S. Display port not plugged in. I loose all tracking from the headset sensors. 3 dots sometimes. sometimes it connects but your hand controllers are stuck together in VR world. 

Someone told me that Asus uses asmeadia drivers and it might be the a rift S issue with those drivers. I have followed all of google forums and also summited a ticket to oculus but same results.  so I just opened oculus app device says connect all green. put headset on and 3 dots and the controller hand stuck together any ideas or just throw the rift in the garbage. any help would be awesome. Thanks Scott  

Yeah, the Rift dislikes ASMedia greatly. The company I work for has done a bunch of testing, and generally we push people to use Renesas as they seem to be far less problem prone. I can't recommend a specific product as I don't want to violate the rules, since I have no permission to represent my company here. However, if you Google around for Renesas, and Rift, you should find solutions out there.

The 3 dots came up consistently with ASMedia controllers.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

would a Renesas pci-e 3.0 fix the issue. I've tried a 4 port pci-e 3.0 xm-ub3402 and all I got was a 2.0 signal so I returned the item. 

I did google some stuff about renesas and right and found renaming a file in oculus, I am not sure if that's the fix. I now my usb's are working funky going restarting themselves it just weird, thank you for your help.