Help getting better connection

Hello over Christmas I got the parts for an itx build. I want to use to as a steam streaming and some other things in my bed room, as such I need a decent connection with low latency unfortunately I can't run an Ethernet cable to it. I'm looking for a good way to get better connection to the room as I get sub 20MB and I get a bunch of lag in the steam any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

If you can't get a wired connection to your computer consider 5.0GHz Wi-Fi over 2.4GHz. This increases the amount of data that can be transmitted at a given time and has a lower ping at the consequence of poorer range of coverage.

I can't say how good the ping is with Powerline adapters but it's a common consensus that they're not a great alternative to a strait Ethernet connection. The bandwidth with them is typically not great but that's up to how your homes wiring was done.

There is no other connections i.e. coax or anything. I'm using the Asus 5300 router and have the Asus wifi antenna on my mobo using 5ghz wifi. So it looks as though power line would be my only option. The house is older so I'm thinking that won't be a great alternative either... 

punch a hole in the wall and run some cable, additionally you could dedicate the 5ghz wifi to the pc or use a different router setup as an ap that is dedicated to the pc